• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Carter out 6 months

A

An Tarbh

Dan Carter's sojourn with Perpignan is over after he partially ruptured his achilles tendon in yesterday's draw at the Stade de France.

The medical staff at Perpignan will consult with the All Blacks staff before deciding on where he'll have his operation.

Huge blow for Perpignan and for Carter himself obviously.

Perpignan are gonna be spewing over that, plus sad to see him out so early into his stay.

If they're looking for a flyhalf, I'd gladly swap them Isa Nacewa for, say, Chris Cusiter for a few months!

Well thats a huge blow for Carter, it would of been great experience for him, ah well we may see him back in a couple of years time...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 1 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Huge blow for Perpignan and for Carter himself obviously.[/b]

Sorry for Dan, actually what is main is that the tendons heal very slowly that will make him to wait for a while and may give descent to his amazing condition

Heard on the radio that his salary (110 000 â'¬/month) will be paid 50/50 by the club insurance and the French national health and pensions organization

Well at least Perpignan won't be out of pocket but â'¬600,000 for 5 games!

Really admire this player, but don't approve these stars short term contracts, and the final utility/risks ratio on a club. After all, Perpignan was already in the TOP14 3rd place before he came (and too late for the Hcup)

I do not critisize the player (was the first to admire the energy and the detonator effect of his coming), but the system to invest so much on a temporary and risky option. The case of Kelleher (out for 6 weeks) can't be compared of course, Byron beeing arrived willing to integrate and sign for a long time (signed again until 2011)

hmmm if I were Carter I'd be thinking about taking another sabbatical next year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Feb 1 2009, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Heard on the radio that his salary (110 000 €/month) will be paid 50/50 by the club insurance and the French national health and pensions organization[/b]

Wait waitwait wait..whoa whoa...

So you're saying that the French Taxpayer is basically paying for some New Zealand illiegal immigrant to bugger off home?! :lol:

Okay, seriously though, the Taxpayer is going to help out Perpignan on this? That is crazy. If the UK Government bailed out Newcastle over Wilkinson there'd be a national storm..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Feb 2 2009, 03:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Achilles is yikes. But I guess knee ligaments is the worst. Get well soon.[/b]

Well being to Shtove

Yeah you are right but tendons and ligaments are all the same pain in ass everywhere in body

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Feb 3 2009, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Okay, seriously though, the Taxpayer is going to help out Perpignan on this? That is crazy. If the UK Government bailed out Newcastle over Wilkinson there'd be a national storm..[/b]

*cough
lender-northern-rock.gif
cough*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Feb 3 2009, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Feb 3 2009, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, seriously though, the Taxpayer is going to help out Perpignan on this? That is crazy. If the UK Government bailed out Newcastle over Wilkinson there'd be a national storm..[/b]

*cough
lender-northern-rock.gif
cough*
[/b][/quote]

Well that's why many british people don't hesitate to cross the Channel to have surgery here !!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Feb 3 2009, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well that's why many british people don't hesitate to cross the Channel to have surgery here !![/b]

Actually Orthopedic Surgery in France is on the top of the world

One of the famous surgeons do their job there

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Feb 4 2009, 06:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Feb 3 2009, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*cough
lender-northern-rock.gif
cough*

[/b][/quote]
But the Brits have been out in the streets kicking up a storm over Northern Rock, Bradford & Bingley, RBS. And when Barclays goes down the tube ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4821670.stm

Oh, wait. That's French citizens getting off their backsides to tell their gobshite leaders what they think of them.

I guess it's back to Dancing on Ice, with some elegant twirling from Gordon "Wets his Pants" Brown.

Latest posts