• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Carter to Blues for US$400,000

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jun 14 2009, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
http://www.scrum.com/scrum/rugby/story/98221.html

In what seems to be a record for the NZ Rugby (weren't they whinging about not having any money for player contracts a few months ago?) Auckland Blues are reported to have secured Dan Carter's services for $400,000. US. Green paper. Not plastic. Honest.[/b]

Carter is migrating between Hemispheres with interesting rates :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hot-water-migration.jpg

I know! Eanns a cheeky £500k to sit about injured in France and then nets another £250k to move to play for the Blues.

Does he get any farmland as well? What about a free Ford pick up? Its a pity Ford sold off Jaguar and Land Rover, I would have demanded a nice Range Rover Sport from NZRU!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jun 14 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I know! Eanns a cheeky £500k to sit about injured in France and then nets another £250k to move to play for the Blues.

Does he get any farmland as well? What about a free Ford pick up? Its a pity Ford sold off Jaguar and Land Rover, I would have demanded a nice Range Rover Sport from NZRU![/b]

Range Sport or Landie Discovery could be great :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd also have Ford Mustang Eleanor Shelby GT 500, dream car of mine ;) ;) ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 14 2009, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jun 14 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For a second I thought this was the Cardiff Blues... :([/b]

Yeeees I also did FOR A SECOND :lol:
[/b][/quote]

Well at least I'm not the only one :lol:
A newspaper here had something about the Cardiff Blues trying to sign him a few months ago and everything.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jun 15 2009, 02:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 14 2009, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jun 14 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For a second I thought this was the Cardiff Blues... :([/b]

Yeeees I also did FOR A SECOND :lol:
[/b][/quote]

Well at least I'm not the only one :lol:
A newspaper here had something about the Cardiff Blues trying to sign him a few months ago and everything.
[/b][/quote]

Well well well your imaginations seem to be also evidence based :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;) ;)

Newspaper contributed ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jun 15 2009, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Does he get any farmland as well? What about a free Ford pick up? Its a pity Ford sold off Jaguar and Land Rover, I would have demanded a nice Range Rover Sport from NZRU![/b]

ford is reviewing it's sponsorship with the nzrfu so there is no guarantee there will be free cars for the players next year. farmland is more likely for the guys that live down south in canterbury and otago so don't think carter will get any in auckland. it was rumored that the last contract the nzrfu offered carl hayman had farmland as part of the contract.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Jun 15 2009, 03:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jun 15 2009, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ford is reviewing it's sponsorship with the nzrfu so there is no guarantee there will be free cars for the players next year. farmland is more likely for the guys that live down south in canterbury and otago so don't think carter will get any in auckland. it was rumored that the last contract the nzrfu offered carl hayman had farmland as part of the contract.
[/b][/quote]

I guess so.. after fall of General Motors this financial crisis also hit Ford so this review was not surprising I think

everything due to this stupid financial crisis

gm_nationalized.jpg

carter will spend all his money on overpriced designer label clothing and male skin care products

NOOOO he wouldn't do the unthinkable would he? It's only suppose to be oneway traffic, we get all the Auckland players!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Jun 15 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
carter will spend all his money on overpriced designer label clothing and male skin care products[/b]

He would get the clothes for free, I think. He has something to do with a fashion clothing shop. Works for them in some form.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flux @ Jun 15 2009, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why couldn't it be the Hurricanes?[/b]
Because no one gives a **** about them enoough to fund it out of their own pocket, from what i've read the Carter deal is partly being paid for by some richman, like when some Fijian Businessman paid for a decent chunk of Spencers contract to keep him in Auckland/New Zealand

And where does it say it's in US Dollars?

Latest posts