• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Carter to the ML?

T

Thingimubob

The South Wales Echo ran a story yesterday about Carter coming to the Cardiff Blues, can't see that happening, but there we go. All I could find was an interview with Dai Young where he says Carters the type of player the Blues want, not sure if this was the article in the paper, but here it is anyway:

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/rugbynation...91466-20781994/

If Carter does come to Europe, then Toulouse, Stade Francais, or a big bucks Pro Division 2 side like Toulon will snap him up.

The chairman at the Blues has promised to spend if the player is right, do the Blues have what it takes to attract Carter?

Probably not, all we seem to have is the annoying knack of being one step behind our true potential, as in finishing second last season, staying high, but not on top this season and not getting that extra try againmst Bristol to give us teh home tie v Toulouse.
Then again, this might attract Carter, since, as a really good player, he could prove the missing link. Whatever happens, I just hope that it's Carter or any other talented player (re-signing Lee Thomas would be nice) wearing Blue, instead of Sweeney...

Lee Thomas - When he was at the Blues I thought he was garbage but ne required game time and look at him now for Sale, Id say he could be given a go at international level if Gav was injured!

Lee has to be a shoe-in for the Autumn internationals; Gatland surely won't be aiming to keep the same squad until 2011 right? Learning from two of the best twelves in the business (Mcalister and Henson) can only bring him on leaps and bounds.

Yeah, he could even make the tour to SA, that is if Gatland wants to throw some youngsters into the fray. Wierdly enough, Lee Thomas's brother is in my Welsh class at school...

Latest posts