Cats were just warm-up - Kobus

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by Bull, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Bull

Bull Guest

Talk about being cocky, what a prick! Watch Sailor run over Nokwe a couple off times this weekend.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. that is quite sad...i guess the good thing about new zealand is we dont belittle other local teams that badly..i mean sure....if a cantabarian was having a seizure on the road...ill just run over him back and forth but i wouldnt say those words about the crusaders...neva..whats wrong with this world!!!!!!!

4. Bull

Bull Guest

The Stormers/WP coach is always mouthing off, he did it in last years CC and the Blue Bulls gave WP a big old hiding.

5. QKXV

QKXV Guest

He's just saying that he would've treated the game differently if they played the Tahs instead of the Cats. The Cats didn't pose a significant threat to them, since they are nowhere near the level of the Tahs or any other top team. To be fair the Cats have been at the bottom of the Super 12 for the past 3 years or so and as the article says: "(They were) never under any doubt that their Ellis Park opponents would be a lot less formidable than what is still to come"

I don't think he's cocky, maybe just realistic...

6. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Still.....i've never really herd a coach belittle an opponent like that.

no class

7. QKXV

QKXV Guest

Where exactly does he belittle them? He is being straightforward, calling a spade a spade. I would've agreed if he actually insulted them but nowhere is he quoted as actually insulting the Cats.

He's simply saying that they decided to go through the motions to beat them. If they had lost against the Cats and this came out then yes, I agree that it would've been seen as being cocky - confident and sure of yourself to the point of being arrogant..... But they won, he was right - He was Assertive - confident in stating his position or claim.

8. Mr. Laxative

Mr. Laxative Guest

Phhht - warm up? Look what the Cats did to the Chiefs!

9. umosay

umosay Guest

Look what the chiefs did to themselves! Worst performance i've ever seen.

10. aussie1st

aussie1st Guest

For the Cats the Chiefs were just warm ups ;)

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!