Catt signs on until 2013

Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
Mike Catt has shown his commitment to London Irish by signing a new coaching deal that will keep him at the Madejski Stadium until 2013.

The 38-year-old called time on a distinguished 17 year playing career earlier this month but has penned a new contract with the Sunbury-based club.

The World Cup winner, who joined the Exiles in 2004 and went on to make 95 appearances, opted to hang up his boots after London Irish's match against Northampton Saints to focus solely on his role as Attack Coach.

"I am delighted to be staying at the club for at least another three years," said Catt, about the deal.

"One of my main reasons for retiring from playing was a desire to focus full-time on coaching, both for the continued development of the team and for my own aim of becoming the best coach I can be.

"At times last season, I did not feel that I was able to give Toby Booth my full support due to my playing commitments, and I now relish the opportunity of helping London Irish reach its full potential."

Catt is the latest coach to agree new deals with the Exiles, after Head Coach Toby Booth and Defence Coach Dave Ellis both recently extended their contracts.

A delighted Booth added: "Everyone at London Irish is pleased that Mike has agreed to continue his role as Attack Coach for the next three seasons.

"He brings an unrivalled level of expertise and experience to the role and I have every confidence that he is capable of becoming as successful as a coach as he was a player.

"The commitment of Mike, Dave Ellis and I shows our belief that London Irish is a team that is heading in the right direction and I am delighted to have such an excellent coaching team working alongside me."

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_6171695,00.html

Latest posts