• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Caucau struck by typhoid

W

woosaah

Caucau struck by typhoid
31 August 2006
By MICHAEL FIELD

Fiji's rugby prima donna Rupeni Caucaunibuca has come up with a new reason for not playing the game - he says he has typhoid.

The flying winger and still the top try scorer in French domestic rugby, is refusing to rejoin his Agen Rugby Club and sends out conflicting signals to everybody over what is going on.

Today he told the Fiji Times all the negative reporting floating around his name his hurting him and his family. Earlier in the week the Midi Olympique newspaper in France reported that Caucau had told his Agen teammates at the end of last season that he didn't want to come back to the club.

He reportedly said he missed his home in Bua too much.

Now Caucau has revealed he is in Labasa Hospital on Fiji's second island of Vanua Levu and is awaiting clearance before he can travel. He is said to have lost 12 kilograms.

"I have been told by my doctors not to travel yet and will do so once I get the clearance from the doctors," Caucau told the Fiji Times.

"I have been suffering from typhoid and was admitted to the hospital. I am still having checks.

"I had never wanted to leave Agen and had spoke to my agent about the matter. My agent and I held discussion about the situation," he said.

"I'll go back to playing once I'm ready. I will go back to Agen."

But Caucau has a long history, going back to his days with North Auckland and the Auckland Blues, of running for his home village and ignoring commitments to national sides. The Fiji team last season refused to use him because of his poor temperament.

Former Fiji Rugby Union development officer Frank Boivert has label him a "bad apple" and told the Fiji Sun that his behaviour would have a negative impact on other Fijians seeking to play in France.

"He has painted a bad picture of Fijian players," Boivert said. "I am sure with this kind of negative attitude from him, clubs would be wary of recruiting players from Fiji.

"And I think that is unfair because there are players that show more consideration and commitment and deserving to go abroad. But what Caucau has done, he has actually spoil these players' chances, a bad apple" Boivert said.

-Fairfax [/b]

classic stuff that, i wonder if he will go back, or i wonder if his team wants him back.

Caucau struck by typhoid
31 August 2006
By MICHAEL FIELD

Fiji's rugby prima donna Rupeni Caucaunibuca has come up with a new reason for not playing the game - he says he has typhoid.

The flying winger and still the top try scorer in French domestic rugby, is refusing to rejoin his Agen Rugby Club and sends out conflicting signals to everybody over what is going on.

Today he told the Fiji Times all the negative reporting floating around his name his hurting him and his family. Earlier in the week the Midi Olympique newspaper in France reported that Caucau had told his Agen teammates at the end of last season that he didn't want to come back to the club.

He reportedly said he missed his home in Bua too much.

Now Caucau has revealed he is in Labasa Hospital on Fiji's second island of Vanua Levu and is awaiting clearance before he can travel. He is said to have lost 12 kilograms.

"I have been told by my doctors not to travel yet and will do so once I get the clearance from the doctors," Caucau told the Fiji Times.

"I have been suffering from typhoid and was admitted to the hospital. I am still having checks.

"I had never wanted to leave Agen and had spoke to my agent about the matter. My agent and I held discussion about the situation," he said.

"I'll go back to playing once I'm ready. I will go back to Agen."

But Caucau has a long history, going back to his days with North Auckland and the Auckland Blues, of running for his home village and ignoring commitments to national sides. The Fiji team last season refused to use him because of his poor temperament.

Former Fiji Rugby Union development officer Frank Boivert has label him a "bad apple" and told the Fiji Sun that his behaviour would have a negative impact on other Fijians seeking to play in France.

"He has painted a bad picture of Fijian players," Boivert said. "I am sure with this kind of negative attitude from him, clubs would be wary of recruiting players from Fiji.

"And I think that is unfair because there are players that show more consideration and commitment and deserving to go abroad. But what Caucau has done, he has actually spoil these players' chances, a bad apple" Boivert said.

-Fairfax [/b]

classic stuff that, i wonder if he will go back, or i wonder if his team wants him back.
[/b]

His wife is pregnant, I think they will wait until the happy event and next they will show up.

Latest posts