• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Celtic Crusaders 22-16 Wigan

C

Cymro

Celtic Crusaders produced a stunning display to down Wigan Warriors at the Brewery Field and earn only their second Super League win.

The odds were heavily stacked against the injury-ravaged hosts, who were eight points adrift of Salford before kick-off.

John Dixon's side were 12-6 ahead at the break and Wigan fought back to 16-16 in the second half.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/8091971.stm

WHO ARE YA? WHO ARE YA? WHO ARE YA?

Yeah, an incredible result. It's good to see playing Celtic is not an assured 2 points.

Wigan have a habit of losing to the new teams. Catalans in 2006, Celtic this season, Gateshead in 1999, lost their first ever game at the JJB to Cas....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jun 14 2009, 05:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wigan have a habit of losing to the new teams. Catalans in 2006, Celtic this season, Gateshead in 1999, lost their first ever game at the JJB to Cas....[/b]

I know Wigan is a legendary team, and their condition is so poor now that defeating Celtics which stands on 14th place while Wigan is 9th is so surprising? :eek:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 25 2009, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jun 14 2009, 05:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wigan have a habit of losing to the new teams. Catalans in 2006, Celtic this season, Gateshead in 1999, lost their first ever game at the JJB to Cas....[/b]

I know Wigan is a legendary team, and their condition is so poor now that defeating Celtics which stands on 14th place while Wigan is 9th is so surprising? :eek:
[/b][/quote]

You gotta remember this is Celtics first season in the Super League, and that they're the only professional League side (i think) in Wales (a country mad about Union) so it is suprising. Wigan aren't at they're best, but are still a very handy team.
Congrats to them, nice to see them starting to get a win or two :bravo: hopefully they can improve as much at the Catalans have over the next few years.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jun 27 2009, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 25 2009, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jun 14 2009, 05:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

You gotta remember this is Celtics first season in the Super League, and that they're the only professional League side (i think) in Wales (a country mad about Union) so it is suprising. Wigan aren't at they're best, but are still a very handy team.
Congrats to them, nice to see them starting to get a win or two :bravo: hopefully they can improve as much at the Catalans have over the next few years.
[/b][/quote]

Well I got it thanks ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 26 2009, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jun 27 2009, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 25 2009, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Well I got it thanks ;)
[/b][/quote]

Glad to hear it ;) keep up with the legendary posting Lekso

Latest posts