• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Celtic League Thread 05/06

Gunners have got back to playing well and handed out a nice 37-11 spanking away to the Dragons, with Paterson scoring 27 points alone. I'm hoping we can carry this form into next week and try to finnish 3rd in the league.

Bah that late try could be a killer for Leinster, had 2 bonus points there which would have put us back to the top, still not out of it as Ulster could easily lose both their games at the Scarlets and the Ospreys.

To be honest I thoght it was a very good match. I think the referee was apauling, he missed somany minor mistakes.

Full credit for the Leinister players and Cardiff players for making it a thoroughly entertaining game.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@May 14 2006, 07:26 PM
Bah that late try could be a killer for Leinster, had 2 bonus points there which would have put us back to the top, still not out of it as Ulster could easily lose both their games at the Scarlets and the Ospreys.
Well Leinster will need to beat the Gunners in Edinburgh and given our form over the past 3 games, that'll be no easy task, but Ulster could always lose. An exciting end to the season it is!

Ok, according to the western mail, Phil Davies is the next High ruler of Llanelli. Scarlets will supposedly make the announcement in the week or something.

There was a lot of interest from the southern hemisphere. One of the members of the Brumbies and wallabies coaching staff applied for the job.

Magners set to become ***le sponsor.

I think that this is great news, and it's what this league has needed in order to be a success. It also brings some much needed cash to the table and the publicity might bring more punters to the game.

Also, the article says that a TV deal is on the cards. Hopefully it is the BBC or ITV so I can watch the games.

Is there not some conflict of interest with Bulmers though when they already sponsor the Gunners?

There shouldn't be. They've signed on to sponsor us for next season again. As far as I know, Magners are free to sponsor who they want aswell as the league. It wouldn't be a conflict of interest.

So crunch time this weekend. Two sides can win it. Have to admit, I think Ulster will take the ***le. They're two points ahead, and even though I don't think they'll get a BP against the Ospreys, I think they'll beat them. Leinster have a tougher match in comming to play a resurgent Gunners side, against whom they have only ever one once in CL. We also will have our full squad available to us in order to finnish as high up the league as possible. I'm looking forward to the match though, and hopefully the Leinster boys should be a good bit of banter.

ha ha ha, leinster have a tougher match my arse, the ospreys are starting to find that form that won them the cl league so convincingly last year. ulster will find it very tough.

I'm not talking about either of us, I'm talking about the fact that Leinster are yet to win in Edinburgh. If we're to talk about it in terms of Edinburgh and the Ospryes then it's just as hard for both Ulster and Leinster. Both Ospreys and Gunners are playing well, scoring tries for fun. It's a shame we're not playing each other this weekend cause I think that that would be try-fest.

EDINBURGH GUNNERS v. Leinster, Fri 26 May 06 7.10pm KO

15 Francisco Leonelli

14 Michael Pyke
13 Phil Godman
12 Matt Dey
11 Nick de Luca *

10 Ander Monro
9 Rory Lawson CAPTAIN *

1 Allan Jacobsen
2 Andrew Kelly *
3 Alasdair Dickinson *
4 Fergus Pringle
5 Scott Murray
6 Matt Mustchin
8 David Callam *
7 Alasdair Strokosch *

Substitutes

16 Dougie Hall
17 Craig Smith
18 Ross Rennie
19 Alan MacDonald *
20 Greig Laidlaw
21 Ben Cairns*
22 Simon Webster

The SRU have shafted us again, great to see they care so much about pro rugby. They said they would withdraw only players that, if injured, would cause a selection problem. So they remove 2 of our back 3, and tell the other to sit on the bench. Complete joke.

Leinster:
15 Girvan Dempsey
14 Shane Horgan
13 Brian O'Driscoll ©
12 Gordon D'Arcy
11 Denis Hickie
10 Felipe Contepomi
9 Guy Easterby
8 Jamie Heaslip
7 Keith Gleeson
6 Niall Ronan
5 Malcolm O'Kelly
4 Adam Byrnes
3 Will Green
2 Bernard Jackman
1 Reggie Corrigan.

Replacements:

16 Ronan McCormack/Emmett Byrne
17 Brian Blaney
18 Devin Toner
19 Eric Miller
20 Brian O'Riordan
21 Kieran Lewis
22 Rob Kearney.

Sterling team on paper - hope they pull it off though...

Originally posted by loratadine@May 24 2006, 01:16 PM
ha ha ha, leinster have a tougher match my arse, the ospreys are starting to find that form that won them the cl league so convincingly last year. ulster will find it very tough.
leading at half time, don't look in too much bother.

Latest posts