• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Challenge Cup 15/16 - Round 1

Was bored in the first half, what happened?!

Agreed on Yarde, he is looking much better this season.

Brief summary anyone?
At the beginning Montpellier went 12-3 up through dominant forward play. Quins got the upper hand after a Montpellier prop went to the bin and scored 2 quick tries and went into the half time break 15-12. Then they just came out the second half and scored some great tries, the fifth one world class, and now have a bonus point and are in complete control. Don't know why Montpellier haven't looked as good this second half but Quins have been great.

- - - Updated - - -

Brief summary anyone?
At the beginning Montpellier went 12-3 up through dominant forward play. Quins got the upper hand after a Montpellier prop went to the bin and scored 2 quick tries and went into the half time break 15-12. Then they just came out the second half and scored some great tries, the fifth one world class, and now have a bonus point and are in complete control. Don't know why Montpellier haven't looked as good this second half but Quins have been great.

Please carry on playing like that Yarde for the rest of season.

Except against Tigers

He's started very well. Against Wasps on opening night he was quality.

Great turnaround from Quins. Similar story to the Bath game.

The depth also seems to be there. Jamie Roberts still to come in too. . .

All tries scored by Englishmen so pretty healthy!

Quins backline has me licking my lips:

9. Danny Care
10. Nick Evans
11. Tim Visser
12. Jamie Roberts
13. Matt Hopper
14. Marland Yarde
15. Mike Brown

Lovely assist from Sinckler for Robshaw's try.
And his pass to Yarde for the Lindsay-Hague try was great too.

Nothing flash - just does the basics of ball in hand extremely well, consistently - draw and pass, or move it to where the space is.

Lovely assist from Sinckler for Robshaw's try.
And his pass to Yarde for the Lindsay-Hague try was great too.

Nothing flash - just does the basics of ball in hand extremely well, consistently - draw and pass, or move it to where the space is.

As you'd expect from him playing at fullback at age grade. Still very impressive for a prop though.

Last edited:
By age grade, do you mean u13s?

I think he moved to prop pretty early on!

By age grade, do you mean u13s?

I think he moved to prop pretty early on!

I couldn't tell you when, but I was under the impression that he'd at least played both until fairly recently, U18s or so, before he was picked up by Quins.

That might be total rubbish.

After paying my 13€'s for Beinsport and having to watch Montpellier after leading 12-3 and destroying the Quins pack with immense power surely one yellow cannot change a game that much 15-12 at half time but something happened, Montpellier imploded and that was that. Quins took their chances well and played some good rugby. Its far from over but still a very bad start., not going to mention the ref he showed everybody watching his capabilities.

Latest posts