• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Challenge Cup 2018] Final - Cardiff Blues vs Gloucester

Thingimubob

First XV
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Cardiff
Since no-one seems to have created a thread yet for the only important European game this weekend, I thought I'd kick things off!

Could be a cracker between these two with some high scoring European fixtures in recent times, though the Blues defense is much improved since the 46 - 26 defeat to Gloucester in last year's Quarter Final.

Blues' main worry will be the scrum which was under severe pressure vs Pau in the Semi Final, though that might stabilize slightly with Gethin Jenkins' injury, who has arguably been the weak link there despite his great form around the park.

Blues will be looking to make it 2 from 2 in European Finals, and emulate their 2009 success, while Gloucester are aiming for their third ***le in this competition, and to make up for their loss to Stade Francais in last year's final.

Here's the line ups for tonight's 8pm kick off:

CARDIFF BLUES: Gareth Anscombe; Owen Lane, Rey Lee-Lo, Willis Halaholo, Blaine Scully; Jarrod Evans, Tomos Williams; Rhys Gill, Kristian Dacey, Taufa'ao Filise, Seb Davies, Josh Turnbull, Josh Navidi, Ellis Jenkins, Nick Williams.

Replacements: Kirby Myhill, Brad Thyer, Scott Andrews, Damian Welch, Olly Robinson, Lloyd Williams, Garyn Smith, Matthew Morgan.

Tau Filise is making his 255th and final appearance for the Blues, and is the only survivor from team that lifted the trophy in 2009 after beating Toulon.

GLOUCESTER: Jason Woodward; Tom Marshall, Billy Twelvetrees, Mark Atkinson, Henry Trinder; Billy Burns, Callum Braley; Josh Hohneck, James Hanson, John Afoa, Ed Slater (captain), Mariano Galarza, Jake Polledri, Lewis Ludlow, Ruan Ackermann.

Replacements: Motu Matu'u, Val Rapava Ruskin, Fraser Balmain, Freddie Clarke, Ben Morgan, Ben Vellacott, Andy Symons, Tom Hudson.

LBND - "They've been a little bit Jackal and Hyde this season"

****'s sake LOL.

See for me, Navidi only lets go to put his hands on the floor and then grabs around the body. I would still like it to be made clear on players assisting the tackler, because I feel that's where the breakdown is inconsistent between refs.

Damn, that's a big blow for Cardiff and for Wales,
Navidi has been on fire this season

Great try, though agree it's a shame for Navidi, as he was probably going to cause Gloucester quite a few problems.

Lovely penalty there for Gloucester. Shame it was a Gloucester hand from the floor rather than Ellis?

Latest posts