• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Challenge Cup Quarter Finals

M

MunsterMan

London Irish v Bourgoin

Northampton Saints v Connacht

Saracens v Newcastle Falcons

Worcester Warriors v Brive

can only see 4 home wins with Brive probably the only side in with a chance of getting an away win.

Yeh, hopefully Connacht can put up a fight and start a proper side for this one.

Looking at that, I expect a London Irish v Saracens / Northampton final, with LI winning.

I think Saints are a good bet to take this one, probably their best route into the HEC as well

Can't complain about the draw. Would have been fun to see Thompson and Cohen back at the Gardens had Brive come out of the hat, but I'm confident we'll secure a spot in the semis.

London Irish 30 - Bourgoin 32  :eek:

What an upset. That kind of game give some interest to this cup... and Morgan Parra is definitively a class act. Can't wait to see him in the Heineken Cup with Clermont next year !

tough on Armitage at the death to get the draw, should make Saints favourites now especially home to Connacht but also not good for Saracens or Wasps in the scrap for 7th place and a possible European spot should Toulouse be knocked out tomorrow.

Very strange try on Worcester match. Penalty on the left hand side, drifted right of the post. Brive player didn't catch it behind the post and the Worcester fella (don't go asking for names) who's following up the kick touches it down!

haven't seen anything like it before, the full back lost it in the sun but good work chasing the kick, which was woeful.

4 tries in the last ten minutes puts what would have looked a close game look a bit embaressing 42-12 to Northampton. There was 3 in it untill the 62nd minute I think

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Apr 11 2009, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
4 tries in the last ten minutes puts what would have looked a close game look a bit embaressing 42-12 to Northampton. There was 3 in it untill the 62nd minute I think[/b]

Was an awful match and the scoreline does flatter us a little. Having said that, Saints controlled the majority of the play, even if we we crap with ball in hand, and Connacht created next to nothing. It looked as though they came to basically play a spoiling game, which backfired somewhat as they had 3 players (rightly) binned. Uncontested scrums were a joke as well - Murray was tearing into their loosehead all match.

Right result anyway, if we play like we did against Gloucester for the rest of the competition, as opposed to how we did today, then we could take some beating.

Can't add much more then Webby said, except to say that Johnny O'Connor is a cheating thug who deserves a citing for his blatent stamp to the family jewels on Lobbe.

Latest posts