• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 15/16 - Rd 1 Pool 1 (Oyonnax, Saracens, Toulouse, Ulster)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
zJUuXon.png

Oyonnax.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Ulster.png

14/11/2015, 14:00
Live on beIN Sports & Sky Sports
Saracens.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Toulouse.png

14/11/2015, 17:30
Live on Sky Sports & beIN Sports

Last edited:
Between Us, Ulster and Toulouse. We should be winning at home but we do seem to struggle against French sides. But with beating Clermont and Racing last year we should have worked it out. I think we'll win just and Sarries will go through with Toulouse.

Between Us, Ulster and Toulouse. We should be winning at home but we do seem to struggle against French sides. But with beating Clermont and Racing last year we should have worked it out. I think we'll win just and Sarries will go through with Toulouse.

Tricky group, but then most of them are, seems to get more competitive year on year.

I think at home we are really strong but we will need some home draws in the QF AND SF to help us get to the final.

I'd rather have at least one away game in the knockout stages, just because I like travelling to european away games and we can win away, just look at our last two quarter finals both hard wins on the road, one against Ulster one against Ulster.

I'd rather have at least one away game in the knockout stages, just because I like travelling to european away games and we can win away, just look at our last two quarter finals both hard wins on the road, one against Ulster one against Ulster.

That away win definitely shouldn't count... not that I'm still crying over that "red" card or anything

We can only play what's in front of us.

True enough... not exactly your fault there was less in front of you! But I should stop being a spiteful arse! Still ever since then we've seemed to pick up quite a few reds, not sure about exact statistics but a lot of the ones I've seen have been yellow card offences bigged up in slowmo, and I may be wrong and biased (probably) but it's seeming to happen a lot to us, praying it doesn't happen in a big game this season. Even Rory Best's yellow card this weekend was ridiculous! Penalty at most, even though he was fairly competing for the ball in the first place... rant over!

Yeah it does always seem harder to look objectively when it's your own team. I remember for the rest of that game that Garces gave us nothing, but it easily could have been me being biased.
Back onto the group and Ulster could easily win it as well. Oyonnax will be difficult away but because they're 13th in the league I can't see them really going for this.

Our team for tomorrow:
15 Alex Goode
14 Chris Ashton
13 Duncan Taylor
12 Brad Barritt ©
11 Chris Wyles
10 Owen Farrell
9 Richard Wigglesworth
1 Mako Vunipola
2 Jamie George
3 Petrus Du Plessis
4 George Kruis
5 Maro Itoje
6 Michael Rhodes
7 Will Fraser
8 Billy Vunipola

16 Schalk Brits
17 Rhys Gill
18 Juan Figallo
19 Alistair Hargreaves
20 Jackson Wray
21 Neil de Kock
22 Charlie Hodgson
23 Marcelo Bosch

Probably close to our biggest pack minus Vunisa. Duncan Taylor has given us a good carrying option in the back line what we've needed for a while. I'm optimistic but I'm not confident. If we do win I can't see it being more than 6 points.

Clancy.......that well known doyen of referees!!

Penalty to Saracens given while he is watching them throw themselves down on top of the ruck with no attempt from anyone to stand on their feet!

Deserved lead however!

Good try for Sarries. This could be a long night for ST and perhaps they should not have agreed to go ahead with the match - especially with the weather!

Fraser injured... as sure as the tides, and Croft being injured too, natch.

Impressed by George (the Sarries 2 to be clear) so far!

That was the stupidest lineout penalty to give away from Itoje.
He literally moved round in front of Kruis and started dragging him towards the Toulouse players.
Does he not know what a maul is?!