• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 15/16 - Rd 1 Pool 3 (Glasgow, Saints, Racing, Scarlets)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
zJUuXon.png

Racing%20M%datro.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Glasgow.png

14/11/2015, 14:15
Live on beIN & Sky Sports
Northampton.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Scarlets.png

14/11/2015, 19:45
Live on BT Sports & beIN Sports

Last edited:
Critical game first up for a Racing side in 50/50 form. Can't afford a loss at home.

Critical game first up for a Racing side in 50/50 form. Can't afford a loss at home.

Whereas I'm hoping they do exactly that. It's a strange one for Glasgow though. Their last two games have been bonus points wins but they haven't played too well and the discipline has been poor. That and it's all been a bit of a mad rush to get players back from the world cup game time before this weekend. Here's hoping it all clicks tomorrow.

Whereas I'm hoping they do exactly that. It's a strange one for Glasgow though. Their last two games have been bonus points wins but they haven't played too well and the discipline has been poor. That and it's all been a bit of a mad rush to get players back from the world cup game time before this weekend. Here's hoping it all clicks tomorrow.

Racing isn't scoring tries but the last few years they've managed some inpressive wins nether the less off of a sound defense and large pack. Same old I'm afraid. Up till the weekend past I'd have been more optimistic since we were 6/7 in the Top 14 with a fair few away wins (and not just against the 'small fries') which just don't happen in that league but the way in which Castres dismantled us doesn't inspire confidence in our limited game and the fact we'll be without a few big names (most notably Carter) early on just compounds that. I guess I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if Glasgow managed an away win first up Racing are looking so hamstrung ATM despite being 3rd on the Top 14 log.

Glasgow team for tomorrow:

15. Stuart Hogg
14. Tommy Seymour
13. Mark Bennett
12. Peter Horne
11. Sean Lamont
10. Finn Russell
9. Mike Blair

1. Ryan Grant
2. Pat MacArthur
3. Sila Puafisi
4. Leone Nakarawa
5. Jonny Gray (Captain)
6. Rob Harley
7. Simone Favaro
8. Josh Strauss

Replacements

16. Shalva Mamukashvili
17. Gordon Reid
18. Zander Fagerson
19. Tim Swinson
20. Ryan Wilson
21. Grayson Hart
22. Richie Vernon
23. Taqele Naiyaravoro

Surprised to see Big T on the bench but we'll see how it works out.

NOTHING HAS BEEN POSTED YET BUT THE POSSIBILITY OF THE RACING MATCH BEING POSPONED IS VERY HIGH RISK
PARIS IS IN lOCKDOWN MODE AFTER THE TERRORISTS ATTACKS LAST NIGHT
IF I GET ANY NEWS WILL POST IT HERE.

There is a tweet on the Racing site saying this game Racing v Glasgow has been postoned because of the teeorists attacks last night.

Last edited:
BBC ticker confirming all sporting events in Paris cancelled

NOTHING HAS BEEN POSTED YET BUT THE POSSIBILITY OF THE RACING MATCH BEING POSPONED IS VERY HIGH RISK
PARIS IS IN lOCKDOWN MODE AFTER THE TERRORISTS ATTACKS LAST NIGHT
IF I GET ANY NEWS WILL POST IT HERE.

There is a tweet on the Racing site saying this game Racing v Glasgow has been postoned because of the teeorists attacks last night.

No confirmation on main news thread as yet. Very sad day for France. Thoughts for the families affected. I'll save my opprobrium for the assailants and their ideology for another time.

From BBC

"08:30
Further closures and cancellations in Paris: Disneyland will shut its gates for the day on Saturday. The theme park said in a statement:

In light of the recent tragic events in France and in support of our community and the victims of these horrendous attacks, Disneyland Paris has decided not to open its theme parks on Saturday 14 November. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of those affected by these horrible events.
Disneyland Paris
The government has also cancelled all sporting events in the city this weekend. "

Last edited:
Confirmation the match racing v glasgow is postoned any further news i will post later.

Of course the fair decision but I wonder what this will mean in terms of scheduling. Will today's game be pushed toward the very end of the group stages now? I'd assume so.

BBC has the Ulster game down as postponed too.

Edit: Just realised this is the wrong place, so apologies if this was posted elsewhere.

All European games being Champions and Challenge played in France this weekend have been cancelled!!!

Jake Ballsack: what a ballsack.

Channelling his inner Courtney Lawes with that hit.
Dickson milked that hell and back, though.

Why the **** does JJ have to be delivering on his class 

Luckily he couldn't hit the side of a barn from the tee!
Saints will revert back to Myler because they value safety and kicking, and JJ'll head back to Munster

Luckily he couldn't hit the side of a barn from the tee!
Saints will revert back to Myler because they value safety and kicking, and JJ'll head back to Munster

If he is on form he's as good as ROG was from tee. Or can be I should say.

How about that break from Ballsack!

Shame he turned his back on his country and went to Wales, we could've had him in the centres for England :lol:

Latest posts