• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 15/16 - Rd 1 Pool 5 (Bath, Leinster, Toulon, Wasps)

Bath v Leinster

Saturday; KO 3.15
BTSport Europe

Officials:
Jerome Garces (Fra)
Salam Attalah (Fra); Laurent Millotte (Fra)
Bruno Bessot (Fra)

Bath:
15. Anthony Watson
14. Semesa Rokoduguni
13. Ollie Devoto
12. Kyle Eastmond
11. Matt Banahan
10. George Ford
09. Chris Cook

1. Nick Auterac
2. Rob Webber
3. Henry Thomas
4. Dominic Day
5. Dave Attwood
6. Matt Garvey
7. Francois Louw
8. Leroy Houston

Ross Batty; Nathan Catt; Max Lahiff; Stuart Hooper; Alafoti Faosiliva
Niko Matawalu; Rhys Priestland; Tom Homer

Leinster:
15. Isa Nacewa
14. Fergus McFadden
13. Ben Te'o
12. Luke Fitzgerald
11. Dave Kearney
10. Johnny Sexton
09. Isaac Boss

1. Cian Healy
2. Sean Cronin
3. Mike Ross
4. Devin Toner
5. Hayden Triggs
6. Rhys Ruddock
7. Jordi Murphy
8. Jamie Heaslip

James Tracy; Jack McGrath; Martin Moore; Dominic Ryan; Josh Van Der Flier
Luke McGrath; Ian Madigan; Zane Kirchner

Hate to say it but that is 1 very weak Leinster bench.
Hooker and the lack of second row is worrying alright. Nice backrow cover and backs options though.

- - - Updated - - -

Happy enough with the team though, better balance than last week, can't see us turning a 27 point loss to a win though.

Hooker and the lack of second row is worrying alright. Nice backrow cover and backs options though.

- - - Updated - - -

Happy enough with the team though, better balance than last week, can't see us turning a 27 point loss to a win though.

I don't know. I think Moore has went back a bit and backs are ok but as much as they can be good they can be poor. Ringrose and Reid are unlucky.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know. I think Moore has went back a bit and backs are ok but as much as they can be good they can be poor. Ringrose and Reid are unlucky. Starting backrow all have the game but need to deliver.

I don't know. I think Moore has went back a bit and backs are ok but as much as they can be good they can be poor. Ringrose and Reid are unlucky. Starting backrow all have the game but need to deliver.
We need an FB on the bench with Isa just back from injury so that explains Ringrose, I'd rather have had Reid at 12 with Fitz in for DK too but overall it's good. Moore'a game relies a lot on his fitness so we can only wait and see. I also don't like the reasoning of "they might be poor" to judge anyone, a coach needs to trust players to perform or they're useless and everyone was poor las week anyway. Madigan's stock has gone down unfairly since the World Cup too, the guy has only gotten better over the summer, is far stronger in defence and runs his backline better. If he improves his line kicking he'd have it all.

Reid was the best blue player on the pitch last week and the only one to outplay his opposite number.. I presume he's injured since he's not playing? Is Fitzgerald at 12.....normal? Very interested to see Garvey at 6 as I rarely get to catch him when he's in the backrow.

Reid was the best blue player on the pitch last week and the only one to outplay his opposite number.. I presume he's injured since he's not playing? Is Fitzgerald at 12.....normal? Very interested to see Garvey at 6 as I rarely get to catch him when he's in the backrow.

Reid's attack was very good but he's a bit too much of a turnstile at the moment for European Rugby unfortunately. Fitz has some experience there, played there against Canada in the WC but the last time he had an extended run there was 2011 I think. Still I'd back him to fit in fine there.

There's some area's to be worried about but it is overall a stronger team than last week and there should be a lot more cutting edge. Hope that Te'o can properly unleash himself on the European stage.

I thought ref had a very good game myself. It was a tussle between two teams still seeking their tom form.

This game is gonna be a cracker! Already started well

Completely forgot Stevens was at Toulon, would've thought they'd have binned him off as soon as the RWC was over.

Hahahaaaaaa, loving this!
Armitage getting shown up by Smith at the breakdown, as well.

#TouLOL

I haven't got BT sports, so I am relying on text updates. Sounds like things are once again going well for Wasps! Hope it stays that way...

Latest posts