• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 15/16 - Rd 1 Pool 5 (Bath, Leinster, Toulon, Wasps)

Terrible call... Should be a pen the other way, basta clearly jumped into the tackle, what is Jacobs meant to do (as Kay is saying)

That was such a weak penalty, Bastareaud basically had the ball in his hands when he jumped - didn't need to jump for it at all.

Players should just start jumping to take any pass, penalties galore!

It's very hard to see Wasps allowing Piutau to leave - they have to chuck all their cash at him now, surely?

Wow is Toulon that bad or are Wasps Just getting back to standards when they were winning ***les.

This is brilliant. Haskell, Gaskell, Launch, Daly and Simpson playing out their skin. Also George Smith is somehow still one of the best opensides in the world.

Toulon team is good but overrated ATM.

Front row = rubbish would of thought that would've been a big area to spend.

Back row well with thor starting and fat armitage @ 7 should be good.

Cooper is not the 10 Toulon needed.

English back row options looking nice though Like Jones.

Toulon team is good but overrated ATM.

Front row = rubbish would of thought that would've been a big area to spend.

Back row well with thor starting and fat armitage @ 7 should be good.

Cooper is not the 10 Toulon needed.

English back row options looking nice though Like Jones.

They've won the last three European cups. Overrated?

Also they're missing giteau, nonu, o Connell, halfpenny and others I think

Agree about front row though

Whatever about anything else, if a team whose policy is buy everyone doesn't have the depth to handle a few injuries, who does?

They've won the last three European cups. Overrated?

Also they're missing giteau, nonu, o Connell, halfpenny and others I think

Agree about front row though

They are overrated IMO, pushed it last season Lost to a **** poor form Tigers team, was very lucky against Wasps @ home, just beat a moderate Leinster (Sorry Leinster), and clermont did there usual.

The Front row is going to cause havoc for them why they didn't buy at least 1 one class front rower, Is O'Connell going to be fit anytime soon? same with Halfpenny, Nonu who knows how he will fit in.

Giteau will be key.

Who is wasps Defence Coach maybe Jones should be calling him ;)

They are overrated IMO, pushed it last season Lost to a **** poor form Tigers team, was very lucky against Wasps @ home, just beat a moderate Leinster (Sorry Leinster), and clermont did there usual.

The Front row is going to cause havoc for them why they didn't buy at least 1 one class front rower, Is O'Connell going to be fit anytime soon? same with Halfpenny, Nonu who knows how he will fit in.

Giteau will be key.

Who is wasps Defence Coach maybe Jones should be calling him ;)

100% But George Smith makes that defensive system work, England have no one who can read a break down like him.

Our defence has been poor for the last two seasons. The basic theory is still the same, fan out as many bodies as possible, however 2 big things have changed since last season. 1. George Smith, he is able to influence a massive number of rucks by himself, and he's also improved others techniques seemingly. 2. And this I'm happy to credit Brad Davis (aussie ex-league defence coach) with, we're putting in dominant tackles, whereas before we were looking for the choke tackle too often.

Those dominant tackles suddenly make the decision to send 1 man into the breakdown much easier, so the breakdown is more efficient, and the opposition have to commit players to clear it out. I think he may have just made the switch from being a league defence coach, coaching a league defence, to a league defence coach who's realised that the breakdown is important, and how to influence it whilst still keeping players in the line.

Our defence has been poor for the last two seasons. The basic theory is still the same, fan out as many bodies as possible, however 2 big things have changed since last season. 1. George Smith, he is able to influence a massive number of rucks by himself, and he's also improved others techniques seemingly. 2. And this I'm happy to credit Brad Davis (aussie ex-league defence coach) with, we're putting in dominant tackles, whereas before we were looking for the choke tackle too often.

Those dominant tackles suddenly make the decision to send 1 man into the breakdown much easier, so the breakdown is more efficient, and the opposition have to commit players to clear it out. I think he may have just made the switch from being a league defence coach, coaching a league defence, to a league defence coach who's realised that the breakdown is important, and how to influence it whilst still keeping players in the line.

How long has Brad Davis been in union then Raggs?

I think you raise a good point about league defence coaches and the need to understand the dynamics of a breakdown and it's impact on the organisation on the defensive line. The ruck means players have a little more time to look at the how the attack in front of you is lining up, but there needs to be system for how you will compete at a breakdown without leaving holes!

He's been in union for 9 years - initially at Bath (who went a couple of seasons with the best defence in the league with him) been at Wasps for 3 years IIRC

Wow, this group really not panning out as expected thus far, but certainly showing why it's the group of death

What do Leinster fans think; down and out or still in the hunt ?

Latest posts