• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 15/16 - Rd 3 Pool 1 (Oyonnax, Saracens, Toulouse, Ulster)

I would say that Ulster are going to have to play a lot better but am not so sure!!

Apart from Saracens, has any team performed consistently this season in this competition?!!

Certainly, not that I have seen.......................

I would say that Ulster are going to have to play a lot better but am not so sure!!

Apart from Saracens, has any team performed consistently this season in this competition?!!

Certainly, not that I have seen.......................

I think you're doing Ulster too little credit here. Even a poor Toulouse team rarely loses at home, particularly with everything on the line like that. Toulouse's effort and quality that day would have beaten plenty of other teams.

In any case, I think Ulster are:

a) Capable of better
b) Should focus on the Pro 12 anyway

Les Kiss is having a huge effect on Ulster and I think the team are really buying into what he's preaching. As the team gets more used to his message, and more and more young guns get integrated, better should come. Good enough to win the Super Dooper Cup? Probably not, little short of quality up front. But if we can get a home semi-final, we should fear no evil in the Pro 12... and hopefully next year we'll have upgraded our NIQs, the young bucks like Kyle McCall and O'Connor will be a year more into it, and maybe then...

a) Capable of better
b) Should focus on the Top 14 anyway

Mola is having an effect on Toulouse and I hope the team will buy into what he's preaching eventually. As the team gets more used to his message, and more and more young guns get integrated, better should come. Good enough to win the Super Dooper Cup? Probably not, very short of quality up front.

Altered to reflect most French peoples' view of ST..................

Ulster gave a lot and have talent of that there is no doubt........but were nowhere near clinical enough and certainly did not really deserve the over fulsome plaudits from the commentator with Barnes!!

Aye, well, most people overreact a lot. Wasn't that long ago most Ulster fans were bewailing the end of everything and saying that we'd be lucky to beat the likes of Treviso and Dragons away, nevermind Toulouse.

Aye, well, most people overreact a lot. Wasn't that long ago most Ulster fans were bewailing the end of everything and saying that we'd be lucky to beat the likes of Treviso and Dragons away, nevermind Toulouse.
I'd argue a province winning away in Toulouse is as likely as Treviso or Rodney Parade at this stage!!! :p

Latest posts