• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 15/16 - Rd 3 Pool 2 (Clermont, Bordeaux, Exeter, Ospreys)

Top game.

Makes you Wonder how Nowell didn't make the England 23.
I wonder....
Andy-Farrell_GI_2383715b.jpg

Stunning game of rugby love the way that Exeter play, plenty of flair but not well able to stuff it up the jumper to get the job done. Also love the culture around the team, from an outside point of veiw it seems very much home grown and connected to the fans.

Agree with all comments about the game and Nowell. It was a great win in difficult conditions and confirms the view that Exeter are everyone's second favourite team!!

One little word of caution......ASM were missing 14 members of their first squad!!!

Before I get hung out to dry, I do know that you can only play what is in front of you and there were some top players missing for the Chiefs too!!

Last edited:
Fantastic performance from Exeter.......really love the way Baxter conducts himself & has built such a great side. 2 sides who both play entertaining rugby so I expect the return fixture to be just as good although with hopefully a different result.

Nowell should be a def in the squad.

Chudley I think should be look at just does the basics very well.

Wouldn't be upset if Jones gets Hepher as backs coach.

I'd be ecstatic if jones got hepher in as attack coach . The way Exeter move the ball is just immense

Poor game at the Liberty, thankful of Super Dan without him the Ospreys would have lost, no creativity, plenty of wrong options and did not press home the advantage against 14 and then 13.
Looks like a miracle against Clermont at home and Exeter away will be the only way we will see a Welsh side progress.

Tough call on Lopez.

Prob right, but he DID attempt to wrap his arms but slipped under, Which Barnes dosn't seem to think is the case.

Great start by exeter

What the **** is Barnes on about.
Saying Nowell deserved to get a card for not releasing in the tackle, 5mins into the game, his first offence, on halfway.

Strettle for England Captain and Steffon as Vice........!!

It sometimes seems as if Greenwood is incapable of speaking in sentences.

- - - Updated - - -

How the **** did Nowell not get that turnover - ref was right in front of it!

It sometimes seems as if Greenwood is incapable of speaking in sentences.

Think his mind is faster than his voice!!

Clermont giving Exeter taste of own medicine with that maul.

Good heavens, a French team playing to their capabilities!! Nice change................

Why not just pitch Clermont against Sarries and play the final now!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts