• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 15/16 - Rd 3 Pool 4 (Treviso, Tigers, Munster, Stade)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
zJUuXon.png

Benetton.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Paris.png

12/12/2015, 16:15
Live on BT Sports & beIN Sports
Munster.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Leicester.png

12/12/2015, 19:45
Live on BT Sports & beIN Sports

Leicester Tigers (v Munster Rugby, Thomond Park, Saturday 7.45pm)
15 Telusa Veainu
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Matt Smith
12 Seremaia Bai
11 Vereniki Goneva
10 Owen Williams
9 Ben Youngs
1 Marcos Ayerza
2 Tom Youngs
3 Dan Cole
4 Graham Kitchener
5 Mike Fitzgerald
6 Ed Slater (c)
7 Brendon O'Connor
8 Lachlan McCaffrey

Replacements
16 Harry Thacker
17 Matias Aguero
18 Fraser Balmain
19 Dom Barrow
20 Tom Croft
21 Sam Harrison
22 Tommy Bell
23 Gonzalo Camacho

Mun XV:
Conway;Earls, Saili,Hurley,Zebo;Keatley,Murray;Cronin,N Scannell, Botha; Foley, D Ryan; Copeland, O’Callaghan,Stander Capt.

Mun Replacements:
Sherry, Kilcoyne, J Ryan, Chisholm, O’Donoghue, O’Leary, Bleyendaal, Amorosino.

On paper a very strong team. Scannell needs to get his darts right because our rolling maul is probably our strongest point and that's been missing recently. Back line looks good in theory but they've yet to actually produce. If the team can't get a reaction for this game it's a total embarrassment. Murray back could really tip the scales. Our exit strategy is about 1/4 as good with O'Leary there as Murray takes so much pressure off Keatley, who needs to get his place kicking sorted.

Would you not be better putting anyone but Hurley in at 12? He's a decent filler when needed but a side with European intentions like Munster should have a better 12. What's wrong with Bleyendaal in there? Could Saili shift to 12?

Would you not be better putting anyone but Hurley in at 12? He's a decent filler when needed but a side with European intentions like Munster should have a better 12. What's wrong with Bleyendaal in there? Could Saili shift to 12?

No I'd say Hurley while never likely to set the world alight is the best fit there. Gives a strong platform and one of the few in the squad who will always look to offload which if done well could allow Saili to run riot. Bleyndaal has played about 200 minutes this year and is an unknown quantity still at 10 and 12 for us. Saili could play 12 but then who guys to 13? Earls? Not the man I want there at all, I'd rather the two most defensively solid centres against this crowd over on paper the more attacking two, which actually I would dispute being the case anyway as Earls isn't a distributing 13.

Last edited:

Hurley is our best defensive option at 12. Tyler isn't match fit. Saili to 12 and Earls to 13 withAmorisino coming in may happen at some stage. But it's a good team overall. Probably our best available. Saili is named but won't be 100% definite until morning. Struggling still.

No I'd say Hurley while never likely to set the world alight is the best fit there. Gives a strong platform and one of the few in the squad who will always look to offload which if done well could allow Saili to run riot. Bleyndaal has played about 200 minutes this year and is an unknown quantity still at 10 and 12 for us. Saili could play 12 but then who guys to 13? Earls? Not the man I want there at all, I'd rather the two most defensively solid centres against this crowd over on paper the more attacking two, which actually I would dispute being the case anyway as Earls isn't a distributing 13.

Not really a good sign, you have two 13 options good enough to succeed at this level in Saili and Earls but no 12 I'd feel comfortable seeing at the Quarter Final stage. Might be enough to get you to the quarters, which will probably be the best any pro12 side do, but no further without a lot of luck.

This year's competition is going to be pretty damning on pro 12 sides but I think the provinces are going to come back a lot stronger next year, maybe a Welsh region too.

Not really a good sign, you have two 13 options good enough to succeed at this level in Saili and Earls but no 12 I'd feel comfortable seeing at the Quarter Final stage. Might be enough to get you to the quarters, which will probably be the best any pro12 side do, but no further without a lot of luck.

This year's competition is going to be pretty damning on pro 12 sides but I think the provinces are going to come back a lot stronger next year, maybe a Welsh region too.

No it's not a good sign and I'd probably be pretty happy with a QF tbh

Munster heavy favorites IMO.

Really ??? I fancy us for this game . It could easily go either way but if we get the rub of the green I can see us winning by 7+ points

We should get the upper hand in the scrum with Ayerza and Cole . I can see us playing this game the "Leicester" way

Last edited:
Can't see how one figures Munster as favourites, Leicester have looked their best in ages and IMO this is not a vintage Munster pack. Back line is quite good but I feel like the pack is too inexperienced.

Latest posts