• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 15/16 - Rd 3 Pool 4 (Treviso, Tigers, Munster, Stade)

Munster are actually tragic to watch at the moment.

Ulster are the only province with any hope of doing something in Europe this season.

McCaffrey's lucky that Zebo had the ball in that arm as his elbow was sticking out so that hit the ground before he could be tipped too much.

Bring back Penny

Won't be back as Axel got an extension. Will be changes on coaching set up too. All nearly done deals.

Regards game I suppose some positive. Cronin was excellent at LH. Our front row were all homegrown and delivered a big game especially at scrum time.
Copeland delivered his best game for us in what is a decent patch of form. Saili too did very well.

Keats is a lovely fella but knowing him well I know confidence is a big issue with him and dare I say these last 2 weeks may have just finished him.

Problems aren't as simply solved as "Foley out" but putting him at the head of an inexperienced and unproven coaching ticket was just silly. We were always a defensively strong team even through bad times. Now we have an odd situation where we often look well capable of scoring tries but awful execution and general shock and resulting isolation at us making breaks mean we never finish.
Keatley was really poor today. I don't want to see a guy thrown under the bus but it's time to give Scannell a shot. Light a fire under Keatley through competition if he is actually good enough. Don't let him sink further into the abyss of his bad form. He won't just play his way out of it. Leadership is lacking, some players are coasting, our depth of HC level players is thin even if I maintain our starting XV has way more potential than this.

Need ROG back as defence coach

The fella won't strap himself to a sinking ship anyway that's for sure. Word is that one coaching appointment (not the main job) we're looking at is Michael Bradley who at least has done his time abroad.
Edit: I should note he's not done well in any job of note but hey since when does that matter.

Last edited:
The fella won't strap himself to a sinking ship anyway that's for sure. Word is that one coaching appointment (not the main job) we're looking at is Michael Bradley who at least has done his time abroad.
Edit: I should note he's not done well in any job of note but hey since when does that matter.
Embra to a HEC semi? Georgia in the last couple years? Bradley has serious pedigree.

Whose job is it to appoint provincial coaches? Is it the IRFU's? If it is I really think they're throwing the provinces to the side and attempting to maximising Joe Schmidt's class while they still have him.

Embra to a HEC semi? Georgia in the last couple years? Bradley has serious pedigree.

Whose job is it to appoint provincial coaches? Is it the IRFU's? If it is I really think they're throwing the provinces to the side and attempting to maximising Joe Schmidt's class while they still have him.

IRFU sit in on rubber stamping. They have to finalise deals. Regards Bradley he's got experience which is key. He's possibly in as backs and defence. Groundhog I'd disagree. He overstayed time in Connacht but did do well at his peak there given the little resources. Edinburgh too was goo and Georgia too.

I retract my Bradley statement. Kind of based it largely off the end of his Connacht tenure which was a bit stagnant but his pedigree is better than I realised. Forgot he was the one who brought Edinburgh way further than talent should have allowed.

I retract my Bradley statement. Kind of based it largely off the end of his Connacht tenure which was a bit stagnant but his pedigree is better than I realised. Forgot he was the one who brought Edinburgh way further than talent should have allowed.

The key in it all though is he's experienced. That what we need someone who has that. All our coaching team are novices with no apprentice served. Fla will probably be kept on Brian Walsh and Micko as well as O'Donovan look like they could be going

Just had chance to watch the Leicester game . Must say O' Connor was awesome at the breakdown and the tackle . Especially considering Eddie was there . Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the EPS in 2 weeks ....

Why he's half English ! As long as he improves the England team I'm all for it . I'm fed up of being gallant runners up all the time . I want us to win a slam again !!

If I see a back row of

Hughes, O'conner & billy v I'll stop watching England.

I would rather loose and have Englishman than win a grand slam as plastic Englishman.

Latest posts