• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 15/16 - Rd 3 Pool 5 (Bath, Leinster, Toulon, Wasps)

If you were new to rugby and watched this you'd laugh yourself inside out if someone told you how dominant these two sides recently were in Europe.

Cullen came across terribly in the post match interview.......

Yeah he was still a young guy breaking into the scene who actually got decent game time and just had to bide his time like anyone else. Being talented doesn't give you a god given right to start. You earn it and he hadn't done it yet. Bar his Perpingan Magic he was by no means miles ahead of Keatley last year, and I'd know, I watch every match. This season is a different story. We'd try anyone there at the moment ahead of Keatley who's form took a ****, to the extent we're looking at Sexton's 26 year old understudy to replace him.

I have to say Tigs is right. JJ made few errors on his part but Keatley had been trusted and JJ did outshine him in trainings. There's huge problems which will result in players leaving.

I've defended Ford before but his defence is shocking. WTF is he doing constantly tackling players much larger than him round the chest!?

I've defended Ford before but his defence is shocking. WTF is he doing constantly tackling players much larger than him round the chest!?

Probably trying to prevent an offload whilst someone else takes the legs.

Bath have given away so many penalties in their own 22. Very lucky not to be down to 14 I feel.

"Next time is a penalty try" - can Garces do that?
I mean it makes sense as they're cheating to stop a try, but if there's no clear and obvious try that's being stopped can he award a PT?

If I were a wasps fan, I'd be furious. Awful refereeing. Particularly when bath were under pressure and giving penalties away for fun and not even a warning was given.

I'm not sure you can threaten a penalty try for repeated infringements.

"Next time is a penalty try" - can Garces do that?
I mean it makes sense as they're cheating to stop a try, but if there's no clear and obvious try that's being stopped can he award a PT?

Don't think so.

Can only give a PT as you said if it is obvious a try would have been scored had the penalty not happened.

Feel for Wasps.

At least wasps get a bonus point. Although you feel that winning this game would have put them in touching distance of the quarters.

Well Bath were crap and Garces won it for us I feel. To give Wasps 2 yellows yet for us to get away with none after all our infringements is laughable.

Well Bath were crap and Garces won it for us I feel. To give Wasps 2 yellows yet for us to get away with none after all our infringements is laughable.

Didn't you know? There's a rule that says when there's only 30 seconds left on the clock you can give all the penalties you want.

TBF refs tend to be a lot harsher in the dying minutes of matches as there is very little reprieve for the attacking team. Plus both incidents were incredibly blatant.

Not sure what Garces was on about with the PT but I guess it's no different to when repeated scrum infringements get them.

Overall I think Wasps can be disappointed but don't think they were hard done by.

Not sure what Garces was on about with the PT but I guess it's no different to when repeated scrum infringements get them.

They don't, though.
There's been numerous games where people are going mental because they think their team should be getting a penalty try, but the scrum wasn't heading over the line.
Like when we beat your lot at the rec a couple of season ago. Must've given away 10+ scrum penalties, just collapsing as soon as the two came together. Eventually Thomas was binned, but no penalty try came because the scrum wasn't heading backwards. Eventually you spun it out and we tackled you into touch.
Cue mass teeth nashing on all forms of social media from Bath fans.

Latest posts