• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 15/16 - Rd 5 Pool 2 (Clermont, Bordeaux, Exeter, Ospreys)

Point taken and noted.

Farrell for Lions 10.

Bigger is the most overrated thing since my arse.

Farrell better than Biggar very amusing, Sam Davies is better than Farrell, Farrell is a decent club player but lacks the temperament and guile to be anything special, Biggar is currently the best 10 in the NH, however Sam Davies isn't far behind him and has the potential to be better.

Exeter might regret not fielding a stronger team tomorrow

Was just thinking that myself, a good 4 try win against a weakened Bordeaux side and they'd be odds on to top the group.
I cant understand Baxter putting out such a weakened side, that should be next weeks side if they couldn,t qualify.

That was a quality second half display from the Ospreys, and a great result. AWJ, Tipuric, Underhill, and Sam Davies were great, really led the charge in that second half. Edit. Leonard was also good in that second half, really put himself about in defence.

There's still a daunting task ahead of them next week away to Exeter, but they've put themselves in a great position to qualify.

Last edited:
Farrell better than Biggar very amusing, Sam Davies is better than Farrell, Farrell is a decent club player but lacks the temperament and guile to be anything special, Biggar is currently the best 10 in the NH, however Sam Davies isn't far behind him and has the potential to be better.

Lol the only amusing thing is you don't watch English rugby and that's why you rate Davies higher than Farrell . You are the most biased, one eyed Welshman I've ever had the pleasure of talking to ......

Farrell better than Biggar, Sam Davies is better than Gopperth, Farrell is a decent All Blacks type player but lacks the crap and wankness to be anything like Bigger, Biggar is currently the best 10 in the Ospreys however Sam Davies isn't far behind him and has the potential to be better.

I guess you are right.

Biggar has proven over the past year or more to be up there with the best NH fly halves, namely Sexton, who's his only real rival. He's had a couple of quieter than usual games these last two weeks, but he hasn't been particularly poor. Sexton, bar last week has been worse since the WC, so Biggar has probably earned the right to be considered the form 10 in the NH.

Sam Davies hasn't quite earned the right to be considered better than Farrell, I agree. He's had some really impressive displays this season, but so has Farrell. Farrell is playing as part of a superb Saracens team, a fact that most English posters on this forum attribute to him appearing better than he is. Farrell has a few too many weaknesses for my liking, but for the time being he's the more proven performer. Davies is improving quickly, and I think it's only a matter of time till he features for wales.

Biggar has proven over the past year or more to be up there with the best NH fly halves, namely Sexton, who's his only real rival. He's had a couple of quieter than usual games these last two weeks, but he hasn't been particularly poor. Sexton, bar last week has been worse since the WC, so Biggar has probably earned the right to be considered the form 10 in the NH.

Sam Davies hasn't quite earned the right to be considered better than Farrell, I agree. He's had some really impressive displays this season, but so has Farrell. Farrell is playing as part of a superb Saracens team, a fact that most English posters on this forum attribute to him appearing better than he is. Farrell has a few too many weaknesses for my liking, but for the time being he's the more proven performer. Davies is improving quickly, and I think it's only a matter of time till he features for wales.
Europe's Form 10 is a fickle ***le that Biggar had in the RWC, hard not to give it to Farrell at the moment though, he's put no foot wrong in Europe's form side. Sexton has seen marked improvement since that first Toulon game and I'm hopeful of him being back to his best when the 6 nations hits and if that happens he's Europe's form 10 again. Sexton is the best in Europe but the huge gap that was there in 2013 and 2014 is closing.

Stop it with your sensible reasoning

Have no idea how Chiefs are still in this, just need to hang on to their coat tails

Lol the only amusing thing is you don't watch English rugby and that's why you rate Davies higher than Farrell . You are the most biased, one eyed Welshman I've ever had the pleasure of talking to ......

Thanks mate I will wear your comments like a badge of honour. To be fair I do watch English rugby from time to time, do you watch much Welsh rugby and ii so do you not rate Davies and Biggar ?

34-27 Bordeaux.

Spirited performances from those who played. Game was definitely there for the taking, too many turnovers in their 22 in the second half.

Not quite sure why Hooley got sinbinned, killed off the momentum they'd been able to build. Just wish Chiefs had been able to field a close to full strength team...

34-27 Bordeaux.

Spirited performances from those who played. Game was definitely there for the taking, too many turnovers in their 22 in the second half.

Not quite sure why Hooley got sinbinned, killed off the momentum they'd been able to build. Just wish Chiefs had been able to field a close to full strength team...

Nonetheless, good competitive rugby and great entertainment - running, off-loads etc - has to be the right way! Both teams playing their part and all credit t the Chiefs' 'second stringers'.

Nonetheless, good competitive rugby and great entertainment - running, off-loads etc - has to be the right way! Both teams playing their part and all credit t the Chiefs' 'second stringers'.

Truly was a great game. Went into it not expecting much and very much pleased with how the majority of it panned out. Like I said, could have won it with some a bit more clinical play at the end.

Why did the Chiefs play a second string?!

A combination of injuries/knocks and believing that Clermont would beat Ospreys I think. Baxter's said that with no LV=Cup and a later season start they need to rest players to keep them fresh. Disappointed that they chose today to rest players.

Anyone else see AWJ pleading with Barnes not to card Kolelishvili during the game on Friday? Makes me proud to be a rugby supporter.

Anyone else see AWJ pleading with Barnes not to card Kolelishvili during the game on Friday? Makes me proud to be a rugby supporter.

Quality player and a real gent.
Inteligent too.
Should be Wales Captain.

Biggar had an off day, but they happen.
I don't think many of the Ospreys boys thought they were winning that match until 65 mins.
Sam Davies looked sharp against tiring Frenchmen, like a young Hooky.
Anyone know the situation with underhill?
Is he likely to want to play for England or is he stealable?

Latest posts