• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 15/16 - Rd 5 Pool 5 (Bath, Leinster, Toulon, Wasps)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
zJUuXon.png

Leinster.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Bath.png

16/01/2016, 17:30
Live on Sky Sports & beIN Sports
London%20Wasps.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Toulon.png

17/01/2016, 16:15
Live on FR2 & BT Sports & beIN Sports

LEINSTER:

15. Zane Kirchner
14. Isa Nacewa CAPTAIN
13. Garry Ringrose
12. Ben Te'o
11. Dave Kearney
10. Ian Madigan
9. Luke McGrath
1. Peter Dooley
2. James Tracy
3. Tadhg Furlong
4. Ross Molony
5. Mike McCarthy
6. Rhys Ruddock
7. Josh van der Flier
8. Jordi Murphy

16. Sean Cronin
17. Jack McGrath
18. Marty Moore
19. Tom Denton
20. Sean O'Brien
21. Eoin Reddan
22. Johnny Sexton
23. Noel Reid

Bath; you owe us one.

Young guys getting European experience, I like it! Our focus is the pro 12 and this can only help us there. Result isn't set in stone either, we will be better than last time we faced Bath where the set piece was atrocious regardless of a full strength side starting! Te'o running at Ford and Eastmond with Ringrose on his shoulder will be tasty to watch too! Bath by <7 no BP.

This is bad form in 1 way. Bath win here can really harm Ulster. Leinster I know are trying to balance and develop guys. Te'o and Madigan some Leinster people think should've been left out as they won't be here next year. But well if Leinster loose here badly it could backfire a small bit and impact on some of these guys confidence when they keep the fight going through 6 Nations.

Young guys getting European experience, I like it! Our focus is the pro 12 and this can only help us there. Result isn't set in stone either, we will be better than last time we faced Bath where the set piece was atrocious regardless of a full strength side starting! Te'o running at Ford and Eastmond with Ringrose on his shoulder will be tasty to watch too! Bath by <7 no BP.

The scrum will be worse with Dooley and Moloney starting....

Next week should have been the one to play the young players. This is a home game and could have an effect on Ulster. The big name players will have the next two weeks of anyway as well as no knockout games.

On the flip side would it be too much of a risk sending so many youngsters away to Wasps next week. I'd expect a stronger team next week for ye. What's the story with Luke Fitz? Rested or injury.

The scrum will be worse with Dooley and Moloney starting....

Next week should have been the one to play the young players. This is a home game and could have an effect on Ulster. The big name players will have the next two weeks of anyway as well as no knockout games.
I'd be surprised if the scrum manages to concede 13+ points tomorrow....

It's not our job to get Ulster through their group so that's irrelevant. It's also going to be invaluable experience for the younger players because this is highly unlikely to end in a hiding to nothing. I can't make heads nor tails of your last sentence!

I'd be surprised if the scrum manages to concede 13+ points tomorrow....

It's not our job to get Ulster through their group so that's irrelevant. It's also going to be invaluable experience for the younger players because this is highly unlikely to end in a hiding to nothing. I can't make heads nor tails of your last sentence!

Well your probably in for a big surprise dot dot dot dot

It's not irrelevant, it might not be our job but we've given out a lot about French teams putting out weakened sides. Why wouldn't next week be invaluable experience instead?

Was just pointing out as an aside that resting the senior players isn't a valid argument for this weekend.

I think this cancels out the morning Leinster did about Racing in 2013. But it's a gamble. It goes good and great but if it goes bad it could hurt ur over Feb/March. Front 5 is weak and Bath will target there I feel.

Well your probably in for a big surprise dot dot dot dot

It's not irrelevant, it might not be our job but we've given out a lot about French teams putting out weakened sides. Why wouldn't next week be invaluable experience instead?

Was just pointing out as an aside that resting the senior players isn't a valid argument for this weekend.
Why not both? There are complaints, Leinster fans have made these complaints but let's benefit ourselves in the next two weeks and not give a **** about anyone else. I think the disagreement here is more ideology rather than anything else though!

Why not both? There are complaints, Leinster fans have made these complaints but let's benefit ourselves in the next two weeks and not give a **** about anyone else. I think the disagreement here is more ideology rather than anything else though!

The opposite could happen though Alpha and throwing in so much youth together could harm ye a bit too IF ye got 2 hammerings.

Wasps team to face Toulon

15. Charles Piutau
14. Sailosi Tagicakibau
13. Elliot Daly
12. Ben Jacobs
11. Frank Halai
10. Jimmy Gopperth
9. Joe Simpson
1. Matt Mullan ©
2. Edd Shervington
3. Lorenzo Cittadini
4. Bradley Davies
5. James Gaskell
6. Sam Jones
7. George Smith
8. Guy Thompson

16. Ashley Johnson
17. Simon McIntyre
18. Phil Swainston
19. Kearnan Myall
20. Thomas Young
21. Dan Robson
22. Ruaridh Jackson
23. Rob Miller

Unavailable for selection through injury:
Josh Bassett, Carlo Festuccia, James Haskell, Nathan Hughes, Joe Launchbury, Alapati Leiua, Andrea Masi, Christian Wade.

Nathan Hughes is still recovering from a calf injury, Haskell will be ok in a week. Plus Dai Young said "We are also comfortable that Joe Launchbury will have cleared all concussion protocols by this weekend, but he wouldn't have been ready to play Toulon. Even if he has passed all protocols, he has still taken a couple of big bangs and it would be irresponsible to play him, so we won't take that risk."

Leinster have to do what is best for them. This is a chance to rest a bunch of the World Cup players in what is, for them, a meaningless fixture. The Pro 12 is their priority now. It affords a bunch of young players a chance to play in Europe. The result is secondary for Leinster, what they want is to see how people like Peter Dooley, James Tracy, Tadhg Furlong, Ross Molony, Josh van der Flier, Luke McGrath and Garry Ringrose cope as the level goes up. Those seven players could be the backbone to the Leinster team two or three years from now.

Munstermuffin is right in that Leinster can hardly complain about teams not showing up given the side they're picked for this game. If a French team selected as Leinster have, we'd be up in arms.

True Snoop but my issue with blooding younger guys (this isn't just aimed at Leinster) is they should be released 4/5 at a time max with experience around them.

Example being Dooley is going up against a tough Wasps frontrow and can't even turn to his front row partners for experienced help. The point is you need to mix it up and blend it in smartly.

True Snoop but my issue with blooding younger guys (this isn't just aimed at Leinster) is they should be released 4/5 at a time max with experience around them.
Of the seven players I listed, Tadhg Furlong is an international. Luke McGrath has around 40 appearances. Josh van der Flier has been a regular this season. James Tracy is almost 25 and has shown up pretty well this season. Garry Ringrose has been very impressive whenever he has played. Ross Molony and Peter Dooley are the only selections I'd deem as risky both both have a lot of potential. The tight five looks quite callow when you factor in the top level experience of Molony and Dooley.

Leinster really are blessed at loosehead with three established internationals (Cian Healy, Jack McGrath, Michael Bent) and a trio of excellent prospects (Peter Dooley, Edward Byrne, Andrew Porter).

Of the seven players I listed, Tadhg Furlong is an international. Luke McGrath has around 40 appearances. Josh van der Flier has been a regular this season. James Tracy is almost 25 and has shown up pretty well this season. Garry Ringrose has been very impressive whenever he has played. Ross Molony and Peter Dooley are the only selections I'd deem as risky both both have a lot of potential. The tight five looks quite callow when you factor in the top level experience of Molony and Dooley.

Leinster really are blessed at loosehead with three established internationals (Cian Healy, Jack McGrath, Michael Bent) and a trio of excellent prospects (Peter Dooley, Edward Byrne, Andrew Porter).

I understand your side. But for me Furlong was capped but isn't fully established yet. So front row is very green. Ringrose will be a top star. My point is stepping up is big to this level and it's even harder when there's so much together. For example Luke McGrath has 40 appearances but how many have been cameos or in games against a Zebre or something. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying anyone's not good enough. Just it's hard to do it.

Great result for Leinster. Lots of positives and the younger guys really did well

Not what I was expecting really. Great performance, everything that could go right pretty much did. Think this game confirms that Furlong and Luke McGrath should be starters going forward, Moloney ahead of Denton and Ringrose getting starts during the 6N. Furlong, Lee and Sinckler were all at the a JWRC together and at the time Furlong was the best of the three glad to see he's showing it now. Wouldn't be against him starting for Ireland but don't see Schmidt dropping Ross.

There's a number of factors that should be taken into account but I'm not really arsed at the moment. The kids are alight.

The future is now and we are the best! 2017 will see blue lightning ignite in Europe once again, Leo equals God, Ringrose is is son and saviour. Today is the day that will see Dublin as the capital of all things rugby henceforth.

Its it's great being the best again, 4 swallows does not a summer make!

Latest posts