• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 15/16 - Rd 5 Pool 5 (Bath, Leinster, Toulon, Wasps)

Oh **** off Nige, that's a penalty at very most.
If anything it should go the otherway because Habana rolled around crying on the floor after.

Nonu's just clean knocked out Tagi right in front of Owens and he didn't even care!
Nonu even put his arms up to say "Yep, my mistake - penalty?" but Owens not arsed at all!

Owens is a ****ing joke!

Agreed on the yellow, it was bad decision.

I really like this Tuisova guy, I don't watch much French rugby but every time I have seen Toulon recently he stands out. So young too.

I'm delighted with Tracey's progress this season. He's 24 and been around a while I was thinking he may have to look abroad because he was about 4th choice and wasn't getting any gametime at all really It's been fantastic how he's stood up this year.
Whoever was behind his conversion from loosehead prop to hooker deserves a pat on the back. James Tracy has been really impressive this season. I wonder what his progression will do for Bryan Byrne's future? Byrne is another impressive player but probably won't get enough game time. He's better off moving elsewhere to further his career as he's too good to be 4th/5th choice.

Yesterday was really pleasing. A lot of the younger and more inexperienced players stood up. Will Peter Dooley now be considered 3rd choice loosehead allowing Michael Bent shift back to 3 with Marty Moore moving on? Can Tadhg Furlong make the 3 shirt his own? Has Ross Molony forced himself into the 23 each week ahead of Tom Denton? Is Josh van der Flier pushing himself as Chris Henry's heir with Ireland? Is Luke McGrath now a viable every week starter? Is the outside centre spot now Garry Ringrose's?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Bath aren't a great team but I think we saw a new core of Leinster players emerge and show they belong at this level. The debutants are no longer up and coming players. They're now fully fledged first team squad members who should all push on.

Of the more experienced players, Mike McCarthy was top class again. He's playing out of his skin of late.

I thought Piutau was a lot faster than that, he was caught really easily by the Toulon backs.

lolololol

Cooper and Michalak sharing kicking duties is genuinely hilarious.

Going off your feet so blatantly and obviously when you're 5m out is a stone cold yellow card.
But for Nigel Owens it's a fair turnover, and then a penalty the other way.

Surprised he's not red carded Smashley there.

WHAT A TRY!

That was absolutely excellent!

If Toulon lose this are they out of Europe?!

Gut Thompson is an animal. Had a hell of a game if he keeps going EPS in a couple of years

Latest posts