• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 15/16 - SF2 (Leicester Tigers vs Racing Metro 92)

I have a gut feeling Tigers will sneak this one. Don't think Carter is fully fit and if he passes his kicking duties to Marchenaud to protect his knee, then can see Racing missing a few crucial kicks, which could prove the difference. All English final?

Sad to see fans arent interested in going. Ticket sales reported to be bad.

Sad to see fans arent interested in going. Ticket sales reported to be bad.

Well reported to be over 20,000 which is basically what Tigers usually get week in week out at home nearly. trouble is a mix of
Sunday game
Kick off clashes with LCFC biggest home game ever. Plenty of people have season tickets to both and alot will watch both at home.
Tickets being expensive
Low french supporters turnout.

View attachment 4289hey dude look at my pants. Je suis Tigs Man namsayin?

giphy.gif

Well reported to be over 20,000 which is basically what Tigers usually get week in week out at home nearly. trouble is a mix of
Sunday game
Kick off clashes with LCFC biggest home game ever. Plenty of people have season tickets to both and alot will watch both at home.
Tickets being expensive
Low french supporters turnout.

giphy.gif

True thst there are explainable reasons just both semi finals being played with huge chunks of empty seats is sad to see. I just feel that while yes it's more competitive now fans just don't get same connection as before and it's like this competition is on its last legs

True thst there are explainable reasons just both semi finals being played with huge chunks of empty seats is sad to see. I just feel that while yes it's more competitive now fans just don't get same connection as before and it's like this competition is on its last legs

Not sure it is connection just 2 teams out of the 4 have crap followings (Racing and Sarries).

Scheduling is crap.

It should be 3 weeks at least between the QF and SF IMO.

Tickets shouldn't be £35 - £65.

Last time Tigers were in a semi final there was a 3 week gap and managed to sell 44000 + in Cardiff.

Mind i hate how the Champions cup final is before the AP Playoffs.

Last edited:
Not sure it is connection just 2 teams out of the 4 have crap followings (Racing and Sarries).

Scheduling is crap.

It should be 3 weeks at least between the QF and SF IMO.

Tickets shouldn't be £35 - £65.

Last time Tigers were in a semi final there was a 3 week gap and managed to sell 44000 + in Cardiff.

Mind i hate how the Champions cup final is before the AP Playoffs.

I agree with most of this Tigs Man, even if you are a Bieber fan.

We are all Beliebers in some way or another.

He was ahead of his time.

Him and 1D are like modern day Beatles and Stones.

We are all Beliebers in some way or another.

He was ahead of his time.

Him and 1D are like modern day Beatles and Stones.

Now I'm questioning your judgement. You can't dis. The Beatles and the Stones like this and get away with it.

Shame on you young man.

Good job there's some rugby on today to take my mind off this.

I'm not dissing the stones I love the stones

Have pretty much every record they have made, seen them live at Twickenham (Granted i was only 11 but i still remember it)

Glasto a couple of years ago, was about 2 miles back from the stage. could just about see a Jagger silhouette and if the wind came in our direction, could almost hear it too.

I've got money on a Bethan try, and over 3.5 tries total.

Anyone got anything on?

I've got money on a Bethan try, and over 3.5 tries total.

Anyone got anything on?

Over 2.5 tries, Racing to win and Racing +8 for me...oh and a couple on Rokococo to score.

Disappointing crowd, wouldn't see that in a Super Rugby semi :(

Big test for Thacker in the scrum.

LCFC and Racing's small fan base don't help the crowd.

Last edited:
Fonua getting hammered by Masoe atm

- - - Updated - - -

Masoe auditioning for a role as Agent 47 here.

Disappointing crowd, wouldn't see that in a Super Rugby semi :(

To be fair Twickers is sold out every year for the prem final, and the regular season games at Wembley and Twickenham bring in big numbers too.
As others have said: French sides fans rarely travel well, Racing have a small fanbase anyway, and Leicester City are at home playing in one of the biggest games in their history.
Pricing would put off a lot of casuals as well - Nottingham isn't too far from me but there's no way I'm paying that much for this game.

Latest posts