• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 15/16 - SF2 (Leicester Tigers vs Racing Metro 92)

Glad I don't bet on sport, as I picked Leicester to win. Too close on the scoreboard, but from reading comments on this thread Racing deserved to win and Leicester's passing was pretty dire.

Glad I don't bet on sport, as I picked Leicester to win. Too close on the scoreboard, but from reading comments on this thread Racing deserved to win and Leicester's passing was pretty dire.

Leicester couldn't hold on to the ball.

Racing weren't particularly good with the ball (they were decent), but their defence was outstanding in it's physicality - the first 20 minutes was an absolutely brutal shutting down of the Tiger's forward carrying.

Forall I know the final may sell out... but it would not surprise me in the slightest to see the attendance being absolutely shambolic.

Last edited:
Leicester couldn't hold on to the ball.

Racing weren't particularly good with the ball (they were decent), but their defence was outstanding in it's physicality - the first 20 minutes was an absolutely brutal shutting down of the Tiger's forward carrying.

Forall I know the final may sell out... but it would not surprise me in the slightest to see the attendance being absolutely shambolic.

That's to be expected when you have 2 manufactured, plastic teams in the final . Either way come on Sarries !

In fairness it would be perfectly reasonable to say Sarries and Racing have been the two best teams in the competition this year

Last edited:
Ah well, if it's any consolation LCFC are going to beat Swansea 4-0 and on their way to the ***le.

19-16... Not somewhere I thought I'd see a tribute to the 100 year commemorations of the Easter Rising! Well done lads!! ;)

Actually because Leicester were deemed the home side, the result was 16-19. Perhaps a tribute to the death of Matthias, Holy Roman Emperor?

Who are these pundits? Betfair Exchange (i.e. people putting their money where their mouth is) have Racing odds on at 1.87, with Leicester dogs at 2.3. Racing looked slightly vulnerable on their travels in the pool stages, so given that it's virtually a home game for Leicester, maybe they're value at 2.3.

I think your answer is in the result + Racing should have had a further 10 points as Owens made a tremendous error and the last penalty was not taken, Bet fair and the like are there to make money!!!!!!! pundits give an honest opinion, there is a slight difference!!!!!! and the better team won and deserved to win on the day

- - - Updated - - -

That's to be expected when you have 2 manufactured, plastic teams in the final . Either way come on Sarries !

In fairness it would be perfectly reasonable to say Sarries and Racing have been the two best teams in the competition this year

I think you are so wrong as far as Racing are concerned they have brought on many young players from their Academy and are far from plastic or manufactured, in the past maybe guilty but not today, they have bought players of stature but who has not!!!! the fact they relied on their youngsters during the WC is proof alone. Sarries maybe in your opinion but Racing certainly ar not ( i am not a great fan of Racing)

Glad Racing got in for teh win. I thought we were hard(ish) done by in last year's QF. At least more so than this match. The intial pass to Machenaud clearly was forward and despite play continuing it was only 1 phase so fair's fair even if I thought it would have been a cracking try for Goosen who impressed me playing at 13. I always saw him as made of glass so Laurent was daring IMO to play him at 13. Can't not select Carter an Dulin though.

It was a risk signing Carter but its been paying dividends for sure and in the T14 as well we've looked half the team without him. I say if he plays the entire final its ours. His game management in what should be a tight game is without flaw and we have the defense to back it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad Racing got in for teh win. I thought we were hard(ish) done by in last year's QF. At least more so than this match. The intial pass to Machenaud clearly was forward and despite play continuing it was only 1 phase so fair's fair even if I thought it would have been a cracking try for Goosen who impressed me playing at 13. I always saw him as made of glass so Laurent was daring IMO to play him at 13. Can't not select Carter an Dulin though.

It was a risk signing Carter but its been paying dividends for sure and in the T14 as well we've looked half the team without him. I say if he plays the entire final its ours. His game management in what should be a tight game is without flaw and we have the defense to back it up.

I just wanted to say I don't buy the mercenary team tag people are trying to put on R92. All key positions bar 10 are French. Charteris and Masoe could easilt have been replaced by French players withn our group who would not be a step down at all. A guy like Rokocoko is only playing at 14 because Thomas is injured. Speaking of Thomas, we have more young French guys coming through the academy and making themselves key players. Certainly no more of a mercenary team than any other top Euro club side and less so than a fair few IMO.

Latest posts