• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 20/21 - Quarter Finals

I like Simmonds but don't see him as anything more than bench internationally. But yesterday he was paired with 2 monster sized flankers so as the quickest / smallest of the 3 by some distance it was probably inevitable that he was going to spend more of the game getting down and dirty flanker style than very visible carrying. Nice break off the scrum for the first try though.

Rodd will have learnt far more in a couple of scrums yesterday than in months of Eng training squads or caps against 2nd tier nations.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure he really did. He made his tackles, but he was pretty invisible or at least ineffectual at the breakdown.

It could have been a great opportunity to show Eddie that he can do the 'down and and dirty' stuff, but it was an opportunity missed. Ewers was immense in a losing cause but Vermeulen was dominated and Simmonds wasn't involved enough in anything.

Would have been pretty confident with any draw other than Toulouse away. Can't complain.

Semi-Final Draw:
La Rochelle v Leinster
Toulouse v Bordeaux

Well I think Toulouse will definitely get through but the other semi is interesting. Leinster are better on paper but La Rochelle are a very capable side. Is it all set up to be a Toulouse v Leinster final and the showdown for the fifth star?.

Gunning for a 5th star the hard way. Toulouse vs Leinster in the final for me. Don't want an all French final.

Would love to see Bordeaux win the whole thing, but a Leinster vs Toulouse final would be good

Probably for the best we're in France. No idea how they're going to work it with France being added to the mandatory quarantine list.

Probably for the best we're in France. No idea how they're going to work it with France being added to the mandatory quarantine list.
After what happened to Toulon, Leinster players better beware, if you just happen to look at someone who turns out to be positive, everyone is on the plane back to Dublin even two hours before the semi...

six nations rugby GIF

Last edited:
After what happened to Toulon, Leinster players better beware, if you just happen to look at someone who turns out to be positive, everyone is on the plane back to Dublin even two hours before the semi...

six nations rugby GIF
That would actually be hilarious if it happened.

I feel bad for Jono Gibbes in the build up here. Spent 6 years with Ster and not getting a mention.
Yep, he's probably more relavant than JGP but can't really blame the media for taking the Leinster v Rog narrative and running with it.

Latest posts