• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Champions Cup 2018] Final - Leinster v Racing 92

Read an article on the Telegraph there, bigging up Leinster and Racing in turn. Finally started to get nervous about this one, not sure how Leinster will perform against a team our pack can't bully. However they haven't given me any reason to doubt them thus far this season, and we've faced big packs before.

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Rob Kearney (195)
14. Jordan Larmour (19)
13. Garry Ringrose (47)
12. Robbie Henshaw (23)
11. Isa Nacewa (182) CAPTAIN
10. Johnny Sexton (146)
9. Luke McGrath (92)
1. Cian Healy (188)
2. Seán Cronin (150)
3. Tadhg Furlong (81)
4. Devin Toner (215)
5. James Ryan (12)
6. Scott Fardy (19)
7. Dan Leavy (52)
8. Jordi Murphy (104)

16. James Tracy (63)
17. Jack McGrath (130)
18. Andrew Porter (27)
19. Rhys Ruddock (140)
20. Jack Conan (71)
21. Jamison Gibson-Park (50)
22. Joey Carbery (35)
23. Rory O'Loughlin (40)

Referee: Wayne Barnes (RFU)

Was just reading the R92 forums there, plenty of their fans feeling very confident. One chap even said that R92 have a mental fortitude that Irish teams don't. Irish teams are simply professional and like to compete, whereas R92 will be playing for Dan Carter, for Andreu, for each other, etc and that's where they'll have the edge. lol ok friend.
Parisians talk of rugby...how many of these fans are actually making the trip. LOL. More a reflection of their 'fans' mentality than the team itself.

Gotta feel for James Lowe, although I can't imagine theres many occasions where Larmour could be considered the less exciting option!!

Unfortunate that McGrath is not 100% Lowe is our most dangerous player, more incentive for Leinster to develop 9's which is the biggest weakness in the province. I reckon its the biggest weakness of the senior cup, the 9's are generally just passers, intelligent box kickers who have a break are rarely if ever developed.

I think this could be a bit of a blow out if we start well, if Racing are to win they will have to lead from start to finish, Leinster won't relinquish a lead whether its 3 points or 30, they're a real extension of Ireland this year as fantastic front runners.

Racing 92 (v Leinster)

15. Louis Dupichot
14. Teddy Thomas
13. Virimi Vakatawa
12. Henry Chavancy
11. Marc Andreu
10. Pat Lambie
9. Teddy Iribaren

1. Eddy Ben Arous
2. Camille Chat
3. Cedate Gomes Sa
4. Donnacha Ryan
5. Leone Nakarawa
6. Wenceslas Lauret
7. Bernard Le Roux
8. Yannick Nyanga

Replacements

16. Ole Avei
17. Vasil Kakovin
18. Census Johnston
19. Boris Palu
20. Baptiste Chouzenoux
21. Antoine Gibert
22. Dan Carter
23. Joe Rokocoko

Delighted that they started Lambie, god help those halfbacks!

Hope Leinster pump them silly honestly. No ill will really but I want the cup back in Ireland and Leinster deserve this

I think our midfield and the forwards on our bench should win us this.

It's nice to relax and not mind who wins. Like I do agree Leinster have been best team in Europe this year. But wouldn't mind seeing Carter and Donnacha get a winners medal. But agree with Alpha. I think Racing need to not just get in front early but build a cushion as they do fade in last quarter and if it's within 8-10 points I would fancy Leinster to claw them in.

On Larmour I'd add hopefully someone had a word and told him to just go through the flow. In recent games (since 6Nations really) he's dipped a bit due to trying too hard to do it himself and well this is type of game where things like that could cost a team. But if he just does the bread and butter as he can while taking risks if on but not forcing it then it will be major plus.

I'm still trying as hard as I can to support Leinster, in spite of the obnoxious Dublin media doing whatever it can to turn me off the team.

I'd like to see a close game. Some people are treating this game like a foregone conclusion, but that's doing a disservice to a Racing team with a lot of quality. With the attacking quality on both sides, it's very possible that one team will pull away completely from the opposition. But I'd rather see a close run game and a narrow Leinster win.

No from what I've read and certainly no shortage of tickets

Would still expect over 45,000 and push 50 even with the location.

What you get for putting the final in Bilbao.

Good for the game overall though. Ireland A should be taking thousands maybe over 10-15K at least. Racing probably not as much but then again they're closer location wise. Only 7-8 hours in the car for them:eek:. Would've thought trains would be do-able for them too.

Good for the game overall though. Ireland A should be taking thousands maybe over 10-15K at least. Racing probably not as much but then again they're closer location wise. Only 7-8 hours in the car for them:eek:. Would've thought trains would be do-able for them too.

I agree it's good for the game but it could have been better handled in terms of making it affordable.

Latest posts