• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Champions Cup 2018] Semi Final - Racing 92 v Munster

I see Racing got thumped fairly well by Toulouse this weekend and with a fairly strong team. I would certainly pick them as favourites just based on their quality and how many narrow wins we've had this year, but I thought our backs cut them apart at times in Paris and much of what killed us was really basic error which should be corrected, and there really shouldn't be much of a home advantage in any stadium outside of Paris.
I gather that Racing are one of the better French teams away from home, but I'm more confident outside of that spaceship looking, windless epilepsy risk of a stadium they have regardless.

It's showtime baby :)

Possible that Munster fans may outnumber Racing fans as much as 10 to 1. Strange stat. Also Racing have bever won here in this stadium.

Racing 92:

15. Louis Dupichot
14. Teddy Thomas
13. Virimi Vakatawa
12. Henry Chavancy
11. Marc Andreu
10. Pat Lambie
9. Maxime Machenaud

1. Eddy Ben Arous
2. Camille Chat
3. Cedate Gomes Sa
4. Donnacha Ryan
5. Leone Nakarawa
6. Wenceslas Lauret
7. Bernard Le Roux
8. Yannick Nyanga

Replacements:

16. Dimitri Szarzewski
17. Vasil Kakovin
18. Viliamu Afatia
19. Antonie Claassen
20. Baptiste Chouzenoux
21. Teddy Iribaren
22. Dan Carter
23. Joe Rokocoko

Munster:

15. Andrew Conway
14. Keith Earls
13. Sammy Arnold
12. Rory Scannell
11. Alex Wootton
10. Ian Keatley
9. Conor Murray

1. Dave Kilcoyne
2. Niall Scannell
3. Stephen Archer
4. Jean Kleyn
5. Billy Holland
6. Peter O'Mahony (captain)
7. Jack O'Donoghue
8. CJ Stander

Replacements:

16. Rhys Marshall
17. James Cronin
18. John Ryan
19. Gerbrandt Grobler
20. Robin Copeland
21. James Hart
22. JJ Hanrahan
23. Simon Zebo

Mad respect for Van Graan dropping Zebo, he's been really poor recently. Wootton needs to improve his defence, but he's great with ball in hand and has probably earned this. Conway at 15 makes me a lot more confident. Team otherwise pretty much picks itself. Great that Cronin is fit. Our sub front row really is strong and our forward replacements in general are great. Copeland could be a wrecking ball on a hard surface when he's brought on. Hart and Hanrahan an obvious step down from the starters, but then again Hanrahan may be the man to chase a game.
On the Racing team, I could be wrong, but I'm not sure if it's as strong as it has been. Obviously really dangerous in the backs, but I would back us to win this game to be honest. Really nervous for it, but definitely the most confident I've been in a semi since we last won it.

I think our bench could win us this. The front 5 replacements could all argubally start and not impact on us at all.
I knew Zebo would be dropped from last Monday it seemed obvious but JVG proving he has balls to make big calls. As he said this isn't about sentiment it is about winning.

Easy win for Munster, that Racing team is shapeless, lacks tight carriers in the the pack and is one dimensional in the backs, you can't get away with both of those flaws.

Zebo on the bench is gas, Ireland are far better off without him, nowhere near good enough to justify his attitude.

Easy win for Munster, that Racing team is shapeless, lacks tight carriers in the the pack and is one dimensional in the backs, you can't get away with both of those flaws.

Zebo on the bench is gas, Ireland are far better off without him, nowhere near good enough to justify his attitude.
Not his attitude Alpha. More Wootton tearing it up, Conway and Earls are flying too

Racing lock pairing is pretty impressive Fijian LeBron James to rip Munster apart in the loose and Ryan to take them apart in the tight.

Racing lock pairing is pretty impressive Fijian LeBron James to rip Munster apart in the loose and Ryan to take them apart in the tight.
Nakawara would've been more a worry at 8. Having him in lock suits us

Zebo was in poor form in the last game; he looks like he's still carrying a knock. And Conway plays really well at full back. So it makes sense to bench Zebo for this game. Part of me worries about benching someone who might not be fit enough right now to play a full game, if Conway was to go off early. But I suppose Hanrahan can cover 15 as well as 10, so we should be fine.

Bloody hell, forgot it will be French tv replays and coverage

Latest posts