• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup - Pool 1, Round 2 (Clermont, Munster, Sale, Saracens)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
zJUuXon.png

Round 2 Fixtures

Munster.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Saracens.png

Live on BT Sport
Clermont.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Sale.png

Live on Sky Sports/beIN/FR2

uh oh....UH OH. Sale Sharks are going where this weekend ?? :D this one might cut off a few fins and make some good soup. And Clermont ought to gather as many precious pts after a quite AMAZINGLY disappointing loss at Cens.

Munster Saracens one of the matches of the weekend if not THE. I like both teams, but have a penchant for Munster. Dis gon be one resounding war on teh field mayn.

[video=dailymotion;k2OGzoJf2SZNGhNK9d]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k2OGzoJf2SZNGhNK9d[/video]

Iimpressive (with two 'i's). Also, this occurred back when I was still in uni and had a life. So back to now, how do you reckon they season their shark soup in the Auvergne region ? With a subtle smoked flavor or do you think they'll roast the thing whole and perhaps overcook to smithereens, when that volcano erupts they've been known to sometimes do the latter.
image_cropped_huge_smile.jpg

I've bad feeling about Friday. We rarely play well against anyone on Fridays and we are against a team that are powerful all over field.

I think that we will take at least a point from the Munster game. At Thomond Park against Munster I would be suprised if it goes well though.

I think that we will take at least a point from the Munster game. At Thomond Park against Munster I would be suprised if it goes well though.

I'd have ye favourites as ye have better squad and better form. I can see ye taking 4 unfortunately.

Normally that would be the case. But in Europe. At munster. Nope. Just accept the favourite tag and don't feel the pressure ;)

Normally that would be the case. But in Europe. At munster. Nope. Just accept the favourite tag and don't feel the pressure ;)

Favourites or not pressure is always on. Expected to ***** rain so that may suit us

Depends if Farrell is fit. I wouldn't want Hodgson trying to play in the rain as he always looks to go even when it's not on. Forward tussle and I think you guys will win.

Depends if Farrell is fit. I wouldn't want Hodgson trying to play in the rain as he always looks to go even when it's not on. Forward tussle and I think you guys will win.

How can Farrell be fit with the game time he has had since last season? I agree that Hodgson is not ideal in the wet on record but at least he is match fit and surely wise and old enough to play whatever tactic his team determine!!

How can Farrell be fit with the game time he has had since last season? I agree that Hodgson is not ideal in the wet on record but at least he is match fit and surely wise and old enough to play whatever tactic his team determine!!
Farrell was on the bench v Clermont and he wouldn't have been there if he wasn't fit enough, if Hodgson had got injured in the first 5 minutes then we would've been ****ed. Hodgson is old and wise enough to kick the ball in the corners and play in the right areas of the pitch, but our system is built on hard hitting defence and Hodgson just can't do that. It's why he holds onto the ball more (IMO) because he doesn't like people running down his channel. Luckily Munster haven't got the big scary centres like Rougerie so maybe he won't be as defensively tested.

Favourites or not pressure is always on. Expected to ***** rain so that may suit us

Just remember Mon. Le Muffin Man de Munster all of France is behind you, and we will try and help with support for you!!!!!! its actually live on Beinsport on Fri so will be watching please wave!!!! ALLEZ MUSTER and their Muffin Men!!!!!!!!!!!! still looking for a trip in the 1/4's..........

I've bad feeling about Friday. We rarely play well against anyone on Fridays and we are against a team that are powerful all over field.

a bad feeling about Friday ?? How fried. It's nice to see old irrational superstitions still have their place in today's "post-human" prestigious society.
Here's some interesting trivia ahead of this dreadful coming day, if you will:
Friday the 13th is the classic back luck day in the Western world, for various reasons...but less known yet far more chilling to me is the story behind the bad luck of the number '17' in Italy. It stems from the olden days in ancient Rome and a superstition based solely on written symbol. Seventeen in Roman letters is XVII, which characters can be inverted into the anagram 'VIXI'. Vixi in latin is a phrase that means "I have lived", i.e. I don't live any longer, i.e. I'm dead as I speak that sentence (to you, munster muffin).

funny-black-cat-scared-face-big-eyes.jpg

Cheers Gaston and best of luck with the game against Montpellier. Win and we will get ye over here for a creany pint of the black stuff.
Our team is -
Jones, Conway, Smith, Hurley, Zebo, Keatley, Murray, CJ, TOD, POM, POC, Foley, BJ Botha, Casey, Cronin

Guinazu, Kilcoyne, Archer, Holland, Copeland, Williams, JJ, GVDH

Still think we true underdogs and up against it. Saffycen while Hodgson has a tendency to be poor in these games he is playing superb lately. Farrel and De Kock starting however. Lets remember the ref will have a bearing too.

Big E - Your still off your trolley :D

Saracens team to face Munster Rugby:

15. Alex Goode, 14. Chris Ashton, 13. Marlcelo Bosch, 12. Brad Barritt ©, 11. David Strettle; 10. Owen Farrell, 9. Neil de Kock; 1. Richard Barrington, 2. Jamie George, 3. Petrus Du Plessis, 4.George Kruis, 5. Jim Hamilton, 6. Kelly Brown, 7. Will Fraser, 8. Billy Vunipola.

Replacements; 16. Scott Spurling, 17. Rhys Gill, 18. James Johnston, 19. Mouritz Botha, 20. Jackson Wray, 21. Richard Wigglesworth, 22. Charlie Hodgson, 23. Duncan Taylor.

Big E there's ALWAYS a tingle ;)

Nice Sarries team. Very powerful and superb backline.

The two teams lined up, there is not much between them. I think it will come down to which system works best instead of player power.

Latest posts