• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup - Pool 1, Round 2 (Clermont, Munster, Sale, Saracens)

@Tony Manx you really should, btw i've lost respect for Sale, they're playing an important match so they drop Cusiter ? i cant believe this

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah well,
Lineout was shaky at best, and set piece was non-existent with the replacement front row, but still a lot of positives to take from the game.

At the end of the day it was a side of <£4.5m vs a side of â'¬27.9m

have you seen the size off cusiter ?... mm probably not, you can not simply just injure Cusiter, .... a big knock is just a tickle for him ;)

At the end of the day it was a side of <£4.5m vs a side of €27.9m

Beneath you my man, beneath you.......(salary cap 4.5m against total cost of running a club 30m euro)......Sale earned a lot of kudos!

tis not about how things end...but how they begin. And also how they end, too.
FACEPALM.png

Beneath you my man, beneath you.......(salary cap 4.5m against total cost of running a club 30m euro)......Sale earned a lot of kudos!

yep. Sale were far from ridiculous and also far from: a perfect game for Clermont. Lots of inconsistencies and lacks. No shark soup tonight, and the return match is going to be difficult for the Auvergnats if they don't sort out some of that crap. Won't have home crowd volcanic advantage this time, and Sale will know better.

Domingo looked pretty mediocre again in the scrum. Debaty on the other hand, dominant (although against the second unit I believe). Our best scrummagers from the guys France picks on the left are Menini and Debaty.

Ah well,
Lineout was shaky at best, and set piece was non-existent with the replacement front row, but still a lot of positives to take from the game.

At the end of the day it was a side of <£4.5m vs a side of â'¬27.9m

...?

You know that the Clermont figure you're quoting is their annual budget, not the amount they spend on salaries?

Soooo.... what relevance does it have to your salary cap?

It's still about double Sale's budget, mind!

It was only a joke.

Sale spend way under the salary cap, apparently, anyway - BK said that in the 11/12 season we were the best part of a million under the cap. Don't think we've spent up to it since the Saint-Andre days.

It was only a joke.

Sale spend way under the salary cap, apparently, anyway - BK said that in the 11/12 season we were the best part of a million under the cap. Don't think we've spent up to it since the Saint-Andre days.

You paid that plonker that much!!!!!!

Of ccooouurrssee, it gets brought up whenever anyone mentions money in France :p

Well now you start to see what we've been experiencing in football for the last 10-15 years ! Clubs unable to compete on the financial side ! And I would say the difference between English and French rugby clubs is smaller than the difference between English and French football clubs ! So please do not complain too much about money ! :cool:

Latest posts