• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup - Pool 1, Round 3 (Clermont, Munster, Sale, Saracens)

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulon
zJUuXon.png

Sale.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Saracens.png

Munster.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Clermont.png

Could be a baptism of fire for Pat Howard with Smith looking doubtful.

Smith will battle. Remember Paddy a bigger doubt due to concussion. We are going nicely in training though. James Cronin fit to train and our pack look battle hardened.

could anyone tell me what the Munster xv will look like, or at least the front row please ?

could anyone tell me what the Munster xv will look like, or at least the front row please ?

I can't help but I share your frustration regarding tardy XV announcements :(

I mean this is a pro sport with a pro competition here and in this media-hyped up era we are living in we have to suffer through the carrots but then not get the meat at a reasonable time. Just very unsatisfying.

15. Jones
14. Conway
13. Smith
12. Hurley
11. Zebo
10. Keatley
9. Murray
8. Stander
7. O'Donnell
6. O'Mahony
5. O'Connell
4. Foley
3. Botha.
2. Casey
1. Cronin/ Kilcoyne (depending on injury).
Won't differ from that too much.

GVDH, Copeland and JJ all flying it in training as is Ronan O'Mahony so it will be interesting. Also there's alot of doubts.
So Johne could come into contention at 13. Hurley has trained there with JJ/Keats 10/12. Dougall is covering Copeland and Paulie injuries.

Last edited:
I can't help but share your frustration regarding tardy XV announcements :(

I mean this is a pro sport with a pro competition here and in this media-hyped up era we are living in we have to suffer through the carrots but then not get the meat at a reasonable time. Just very unsatisfying.

I agree. Tardy=retardy. And I think I speak on behalf of many when I say, with all due resp..FUUUUQQQQ.....the carrots. Fucck em, I don't see no bunnies hoppin around here, we want teh MEATS. But of course staffs need to be a little bit starchy and not too protein-oriented because they can't just announce a xv that won't be anything like the one that actually plays a week later, I mean, so much can happen in a seven days..
@Groundhog why thank you. Here is what some Clermontois from other pages agree on give or take one dude:

Domingo - Kayser - Ric
Cudmore - Vahaa
Lapandry - Fritz Lee - Bardy
Parra* - Lopez
Nalaga - Fofana - Davies - Nakaitaci
Abendanon

Parra is currently considered "a worry" but apparently French fans feel it's just "media buwshiet". It's true you'll see clubs fkn around saying "oh yes yes, he's developed AIDS and various unrelated cancers yesterday during lunch and now we're not even sure if he's got a soul to go to heaven or not anymore" and sure enough that player comes in plays 80min and scores eight tries. Well it's a rough depiction of the concept, like often a tad exaggerated, but surely you get the bulk of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our results have been ****ing horrible recently. With our intl' guys back I hope to see us winning against Sale as Munster did.

Our results have been ****ing horrible recently. With our intl' guys back I hope to see us winning against Sale as Munster did.

What makes Sarries game interesting is its away. Sale are in good form and well Sarries have to be jaded with their internationals having played last week. Cipriani will also have a huge point to prove he should be in the England reckoning and well he is in impressive form.

Realistically we're not that fussed about this.
Euros will be used to bring back injured players (Hines, Paterson, Seymour and Arscott are expected back over the next two weeks), there's no way we're making it out of the group so it's not the end of the world if we don't win.

Obviously the players are going out there to win games - I think we have a decent chance of a home win vs Saracens. Games between Sale/Sarries are often close (usually a Sarries win, but by <10 - compare that to our games vs Saints/Leicester and....yeah). It's probably got something to do with their best halfbacks being Sale lads and not wanting to show us up :p

Last edited:
Realistically we're not that fussed about this.
Euros will be used to bring back injured players (Hines, Paterson, Seymour and Arscott are expected back over the next two weeks), there's no way we're making it out of the group so it's not the end of the world if we don't win.

Obviously the players are going out there to win games - I think we have a decent chance of a home win vs Saracens. Games between Sale/Sarries are often close (usually a Sarries win, but by <10 - compare that to our games vs Saints/Leicester and....yeah). It's probably got something to do with their best halfbacks being Sale lads and not wanting to show us up :p

Still not bad guys to ease back in and while ye won't qualify ye would certainly get a lift beating Sarries and I think ye will target this game at home for momentum to carry in to league. People have to factor in the condition of guys back from internationals.

Ouch, just seen that Di Marchi is out for 6 weeks with a dislocated wrist, Paterson has had to have surgery on his knee injury so is out for a while, Seymour's not back for 3-4 weeks, Hines not expected back until the prem starts back up (but might make the bench in the 2nd round of Europe) and Tommy Taylor still a month out.

Our depth is shaky most of the time, but we're going to be fielding a whole lot of academy players for the foreseeable!

Copeland failed his fitness test this morning. It was marginal though so we will be testing again after treatment but looks like he's out for game.

15. Felix Jones; 14. Gerhard van den Heever, 13. Pat Howard, 12. Denis Hurley, 11. Simon Zebo; 10. Ian Keatley, 9. Conor Murray; 1. Dave Kilcoyne, 2. Duncan Casey, 3. BJ Botha, 4. Dave Foley, 5. Paul O'Connell, 6. Peter O'Mahony (c), 7. Tommy O'Donnell, 8. CJ Stander
16. Kevin O'Byrne, 17. James Cronin, 18. Stephen Archer, 19. Billy Holland, 20. Sean Dougall, 21. Duncan Williams, 22. JJ Hanrahan, 23. Johne Murphy

Welcome To Europe Mr. Paddy Howard

the Jaunards (fans) are very, very wary of Munster. Not many are predicting a win over there. We know the Irish will put everything they've got, and that Munsterian hunger, that feeding frenzy will always be there in a home Euro Cup game. Commitment for 80min in Rugby will win you a game even against bigger names.
If an Irish team must win the comp this year, I'd rather it be Munster, by far. But a win over there would be quasi-decisive for the men in jaune.

munsterpastry, I see your Munstrous xv and raise you some yellow

1507991_948815395147260_2749491706497726655_n.jpg

Stat of teh deh: no French team has ever won in Munster.

Latest posts