• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup - Pool 1, Round 3 (Clermont, Munster, Sale, Saracens)

To be fair it was an awkward one, he had momentum but he was scrabbling with his arms to keep going so it's impossible to say whether it was true momentum or whether he'd dragged himself further.
I've no real qualms with the try being given anyway.

To be fair it was an awkward one, he had momentum but he was scrabbling with his arms to keep going so it's impossible to say whether it was true momentum or whether he'd dragged himself further.
I've no real qualms with the try being given anyway.

.............especially as they did not get the penalty try for the deliberate knock on?!!!

You can tell a lot of our academy lads grew up playing League at school - the shoulder Haley threw into Goode was brutal :lol:

Cips has shown more superb touches in the first 30 minutes here than Farrell showed in his last 15 Internationals!

I do feel that the more this game progresses, the more it will swing in favour of Sarries......Sale need about 10/15 points before the benches start being used.......

True enough - our depth is not the greatest around.
Cliff, Harrison and Addison could make an impact - Fihaki could offer something different at 6 or 8 as well, but other than that....

Urgh, got to go to work now.

Allez les sharks etc.

Cips has shown more superb touches in the first 30 minutes here than Farrell showed in his last 15 Internationals!

I do feel that the more this game progresses, the more it will swing in favour of Sarries......Sale need about 10/15 points before the benches start being used.......

Really? Was about to post I thought Cipriani has has a poor game, that one chip aside. Passed to nobody a couple of times, kicked down the Sarries back 3's throats which could go badly

Really? Was about to post I thought Cipriani has has a poor game, that one chip aside. Passed to nobody a couple of times, kicked down the Sarries back 3's throats which could go badly

Says a lot about Farrell then...................!!!

Farrell has shown that's he's not even club-standard as a centre, never mind international. 4 touches of the ball as an inside centre in a half of rugby! 3 tackles made, 2 missed. And a penalty conceded.

It's impressive how unimpressive he's been.

I have lost interest in this.............basic errors have ruined this for the neutral!

HUUUGE TURNOVER BY VUNIPOLA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry..I thought I might as well make an emphatic entrance.

- - - Updated - - -

that's just the worst, when a pro team loses a decisive lineout on the throw, at the very root. Giving away the match like that...enraging. Hate to see that.

Good show from Sale who were without some players. Sarries were pretty poor really

When Brown gave a penalty for not "rolling away" and was warned by the referee that the next one goes in the bin... comical stuff.

You could see Ross Harrison (I think it was?) with his shins trapping Brown in, with his hand grabbing Brown's shirt holding him firmly to the floor, whilst simultaneously screaming at the ref that Brown wasn't rolling away. I wonder why he wasn't. :lol: Even funnier that the referee actually agreed.

You see it creeping into the game that players are actively stopping tacklers from rolling away. Referees need to be better at catching and penalising this.

You see it creeping into the game that players are actively stopping tacklers from rolling away. Referees need to be better at catching and penalising this.

Creeping in...?!

I was taught to do it as a 13 year old when we had referees and Richard Hill come in to do some coaching! :D
It's definitely not new.

Maybe I'm just noticing it when it happens more. :lol:

Have to agree with SelimNiai's verdict of Cips. He made as many errors that led to turnovers as he did sublime pieces of skill. Don't think he did his England chances much good. (Although I still prefer him to Farrell.)

Also didn't know his kicking percentage was as low as 65% in the Premiership. Unless we find another starter in the backline who can kick goals, there's no chance he'll be considered for England with that kind of percentage.

Mind you, Farrell missed an absolute sitter off the tee today. I reckon half the forwards on the pitch would have gotten the kick. Big brain fart moment from him.

Last edited:
That was quick... 2 minutes in and Clermont are in front 5-0.

Good to see full house and some atmsophere at last!

Clermont need a kicker..............that is two misses in 6 minutes!!

That was quick... 2 minutes in and Clermont are in front 5-0.

AAAAHHH! !!!!!!! Just got here, I was terrified your comment was Munster had already scored a try. Took me a split second to read that correctly there :p
The pundit just did the English thing there. "Fofanerrrrrrr". There's no R dude. There's no R.

Latest posts