• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup - Pool 1, Round 3 (Clermont, Munster, Sale, Saracens)

beautiful unforced error, Rado. Very nice. Very necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

ok, Clermont just need 3 tries now to make sure everything's okay. Lehsgo ASM.

- - - Updated - - -

Bring in Zirak, ffs.

the fundamentals that make Munster and Irish teams so deadly have faltered for the home side today.

Sorry thought you were talking about POC not POM!!!

At 35 and two prior seasons that have seen serious injury setbacks, POC's time is more behind him than in front and, frankly, am surprised Munster (never mind Ireland) have not found a younger replacement for him yet!! Is he really a serious contender to be around at 36 and playing in the RWC?
If he can maintain this Autumn's performances than most certainly! Munster's halfbacks and backrow have been absolutely shocking here, Jones has been the only man to play with the pashun Foley would have liked.

Nice. Munster deserve that. Skill levels were shocking for professionals.

I've never seen munster missfire in terms of basics so badly, Clermount should be kicking themsleves for letting Munster have the LBP.

Jaunards, jaunards...you beautiful batards. :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

I've never seen munster missfire in terms of basics so badly, Clermount should be kicking themsleves for letting Munster have the LBP.

I agree. Clermont should have won by 25.

Have to admire a team that challenges in the air in that situation; I expect POC couldn't believe Chouly was there with him. If only RM had the same focus to close out these types of games..

Munster were ****ing shocking. Nothing to be proud of in that performance. Clermont had a good stifling defence but Munster were making schoolboy errors throughout the game. O'Donnell was the only guy who I thought was ok. Only positive is that they can only improve on this next week, and even though we were beyond awful, we still only lost by 7.
Murray was nowhere near his best but the clearing out and ball presentation gave him little to work with. Not even dissapointed, just annoyed with how we played.

Have to admire a team that challenges in the air in that situation; I expect POC couldn't believe Chouly was there with him. If only RM had the same focus to close out these types of games..

that was a really good try at the end from the Ospreys and surprised the Racingmen similarly to how you say POC was here. I was just going to say Chouly wasn't much in sight today, and I look at that catch, typical 100% Chouly, a crafty fella, and the stat sheet: 14/2 tackles. Very discreet, but active, as always...

I'm very, very happy with this result. This is fantastic news.

Well, yes the Ospreys took their chance brilliatly with that try but my feeling was that Racing let a lot of points by the wayside and din't turn their dominance into points.

I wouldn't have been surprised if the same happened here at the end; Clermont was dominant but left a lot of points gone begging meaning Munster kept in touch and it was very close at the end with Munster looking for the draw but this is where the game was different; it's a case of both Munster not being able to come up with the offloading game and width to their passing that made the Ospreys try and Clermont holding btter shape/focus in defence under the cosh; well deserved win away and it should've/could've been more decisive.

Well fair play Clermont. Fully deserving and could've got a try winning BP. We were poor and lucky to get a BP. Surely they have control of the group now and well for us it's a battle to just even hang in there.

I don't think Munster were "lucky" to get the bonus point...

And stormer: yeah Clermont left points, but Munster botched some opportunities too, interestingly enough for me as they were mistakes the sides I usually follow make. Felt so good to see the others throw opportunities away for a change...the main difference though with Racing is Clermont not only left points that never will be both from tee and for e.g. not finding touch on a penalty, but they weathered the storm well in the second act. Racing were just subjected to the home side's will, didn't put a stamp on it like they probably could and just piled up the penalties. Clermont were far more rigorous. Hence, the win, despite making errors as mentioned. Racing, just a dirty draw... :/ very disappointed in retrospect with that. But ah, moving on.

I don't think Munster were "lucky" to get the bonus point...

And stormer: yeah Clermont left points, but Munster botched some opportunities too, interestingly enough for me as they were mistakes the sides I usually follow make. Felt so good to see the others throw opportunities away for a change...the main difference though with Racing is Clermont not only left points that never will be both from tee and for e.g. not finding touch on a penalty, but they weathered the storm well in the second act. Racing were just subjected to the home side's will, didn't put a stamp on it like they probably could and just piled up the penalties. Clermont were far more rigorous. Hence, the win, despite making errors as mentioned. Racing, just a dirty draw... :/ very disappointed in retrospect with that. But ah, moving on.

We were as Clermont blew 3 or 4 other try opportunities while we never threatened there line.

But Munster didn't look pierced from everywhere. You watch some games, and the attacking team is busting holes everywhere and the other team looks like a perforated steaming carcass and yet they're lucky enough the first keeps botching everything with a new mistake each time. Munster pressured Clermont enough.

The two things I'd say though are Munster definitely didn't look creative when they did have the ball and it's not their game but since the fundamentals weren't there as consistently, they maybe should have solicited Zebo more or try to add more volume to their attack.
The other thing is they are tbf lucky it was Radoslavievic at 9 and not a warmed up Morgan Parra tonight, who's a no. 10 wearing 9 and who could've set a real tempo and along with Lopez would have conducted a smoother assault and shown more maturity and experience.
Rado was veryyy so so tonight, and he's isn't a fantastic player anyways...made a couple of faaat greasy mistakes.

I'd like to salute two attributes from Clermont tonight I wasn't sure they'd bring: not settling for a match of the home side's style and intensity, they actually made the effort to go wide and play their riskier jaunard style. Second thing is the defense: their defense was so aggressive, esp in the 2nd half, it was attacking really. THAT was impressive, bodies jumping forward like that, one after the other, boom boom boom, Munster with the ball but pushed back, cut at the root. And they held up well at the end, and what composure during that entire 5 last min sequence with the steal on the lineout ultimately as the cherry on the Saturday.

But Munster didn't look pierced from everywhere. You watch some games, and the attacking team is busting holes everywhere and the other team looks like a perforated steaming carcass and yet they're lucky enough the first keeps botching everything with a new mistake each time. Munster pressured Clermont enough.

The two things I'd say though are Munster definitely didn't look creative when they did have the ball and it's not their game but since the fundamentals weren't there as consistently, they maybe should have solicited Zebo more or try to add more volume to their attack.
The other thing is they are tbf lucky it was Radoslavievic at 9 and not a warmed up Morgan Parra tonight, who's a no. 10 wearing 9 and who could've set a real tempo and along with Lopez would have conducted a smoother assault and shown more maturity and experience.
Rado was veryyy so so tonight, and he's isn't a fantastic player anyways...made a couple of faaat greasy mistakes.

I'd like to salute two attributes from Clermont tonight I wasn't sure they'd bring: not settling for a match of the home side's style and intensity, they actually made the effort to go wide and play their riskier jaunard style. Second thing is the defense: their defense was so aggressive, esp in the 2nd half, it was attacking really. THAT was impressive, bodies jumping forward like that, one after the other, boom boom boom, Munster with the ball but pushed back, cut at the root. And they held up well at the end, and what composure during that entire 5 last min sequence with the steal on the lineout ultimately as the cherry on the Saturday.

Nalaga dropping that ball and Fofana got caught just by inches once or twice.
Our lineout was desperate. Clermont read the last 1perfect but we knocked on 3 times after taking it down. We looked flat and just exhausted. Clermont played the better rugby and were better. Here we appreciate top forward play and calling it straight Clermont handed our asses to us on a plate.

Latest posts