• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup - Pool 1, Round 5 (Clermont, Munster, Sale, Saracens)

Farrell was singled out because he was the topic of conversation, he's as much as fault as anyone in the Saracens set up because of his position. I never focused on his performance which was good if not quite as polished as you'd want from a 10 with aspirations of winning a World Cup. Johnny Sexton, Dan Carter, Aaron Cruden and Handre Pollard would have all led their side to a BP in similar situations and that's the level he's being judged at and, as you say, any other English 10 wouldn't be under such scrutiny because they're not judged to that level.

Farrell is the topic of conversation because he was singled out for particular criticism, that was completely irrelevant to, his performance on Saturday.

10's need options to attack, those other people you flag up would have lead their teams to bonus points because they would have had the attacking options and structures to do so.

Saracens played well. Farrell played well in a team that played well.

The criticisms levelled at him during this thread about this performance are unwarranted.

Last edited:
Farrell was singled out because he was the topic of conversation, he's as much as fault as anyone in the Saracens set up because of his position. I never focused on his performance which was good if not quite as polished as you'd want from a 10 with aspirations of winning a World Cup. Johnny Sexton, Dan Carter, Aaron Cruden and Handre Pollard would have all led their side to a BP in similar situations and that's the level he's being judged at and, as you say, any other English 10 wouldn't be under such scrutiny because they're not judged to that level.

Ford is... and did deliver.

Farrell is the topic of conversation because he was singled out for particular criticism, that was completely irrelevant to, his performance on Saturday.

10's need options to attack, those other people you flag up would have lead their teams to bonus points because they would have had the attacking options and structures to do so.

Saracens played well. Farrell played well in a team that played well.

The criticisms levelled at him during this thread about this have are unwarranted.
Agree to disagree, I don't think there's any confusion in our arguments anymore, we just see it differently.
Ford is... and did deliver.
Meh, not really, Farrell probably has about 20 more caps more than Ford. Farrell is the man who'll start the big games in the World Cup if you asked Lancaster now I'd assume.

So... Anybody have an idea of what Sarries need to do to go through? As far as I can work out, if we draw, get a losing bonus point or lose (without a bonus point) whilst scoring 13 or more points, we go through as a best 2nd place. If we win we go through as 1st. Correct?

I thought POC was supposed to be a paragon of virtue?
Took a dive Huget would be proud of :p

I thought POC was supposed to be a paragon of virtue?
Took a dive Huget would be proud of :p

Just about to say same thing plus given two penalties away and got involved in handbags all within first 14 minutes!!

Zebo with a big dive as well.
Considering how much Munster like to paint themselves as a proper traditional club they're an embarrassment in this regard today.

Either of these two sides would have whopped Toulouse playing with this spirit!

That should have been a penalty to Sale as clearly Munster TH binding on the Arm but missed touch was justice!!

Last edited:
Zebo with a big dive as well.
Considering how much Munster like to paint themselves as a proper traditional club they're an embarrassment in this regard today.

Yah, bloody southern ladyboys.

Would there be any dives today had Huget been given a 2-4 week ban?

I'm not sure there would.

The amount being made of Zebo going down when i suspect he was off balance is embarrassing lads. Tiny bit of showmanship maybe. Not the apocalypse

Ivan Dineen on for Denis Hurley instead of JJ Hanrahan? Seems an odd choice. Hanrahan gives Munster a better chance to win today but won't be around next season. Maybe Dineen will be and since this is a dead rubber, Anthony Foley wants to give him an opportunity instead. That or he's being petty......

The amount being made of Zebo going down when i suspect he was off balance is embarrassing lads. Tiny bit of showmanship maybe. Not the apocalypse

I would say off balance is usual when you throw yourself at the player to try for a penalty!!

Latest posts