• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup - Pool 1, Round 5 (Clermont, Munster, Sale, Saracens)

Sure look, it's a nothing fixture, and the opposition is poor as they tired, but what I'm delighted to see is guys in the margins of our squad playing very well, and Zebo in particular showing his stuff again.
Fans needed a bit of a display to keep buns on seats.

O'Donnell was my man of the match. He was the only one who played with aggression for the full 80. Laughable that O'Connell's in contention.

O'Mahony has been a squad player for a good while now. He's extremely quick, has good attributes of a winger but I wish he look for a pass more often. Young enough but he's been around a few years and not done a huge amount. He's played a fair bit this season and he's been very good today.

Buzzing. Still here busy day for me but Ronan is young but will be starter soon great attitude. Be careful not to mix him with his brother Barry.

I've always really really liked Zebo at fullback. Huge boot and good ball player to create plays. With Van Den Heever, Conway, and ROM covering the wings maybe it's time to try him out there more often.

I've always really really liked Zebo at fullback. Huge boot and good ball player to create plays. With Van Den Heever, Conway, and ROM covering the wings maybe it's time to try him out there more often.
Yeah I think Zebo is a good Fullback option. Suspect he could be a better Fullback than wing what with his great fielding as well as his vastly improved defense. Also if he was given the space a Fullback fielding kicks is given, he could wreak havoc. Recently, he's had no space created for him by Munster as whenever he's given the ball a crash up is usually his only viable option.

GVDH mightn't be around next year and Zebo is an option at 15 but Sweetnam will be too.

GVDH mightn't be around next year and Zebo is an option at 15 but Sweetnam will be too.

I've been meaning to ask. What is Sweetnam like as a player? He doesn't look too athletic but not exactly a fair assumption going off pictures.

I've been meaning to ask. What is Sweetnam like as a player? He doesn't look too athletic but not exactly a fair assumption going off pictures.
Is it because he looks like an alien? Well he represented us in the 7's earlier this year and was a Cork senior hurler. Quite a good athlete clearly. He signed a new contract despite rumors he was going back to the Hurling. Not too sure what he's like myself tbh.

He will be a serious player. Has great technical skills which does come from GAA background. He is athletic and great leg strength. Will certainly be a great prospect.

Is it because he looks like an alien? Well he represented us in the 7's earlier this year and was a Cork senior hurler. Quite a good athlete clearly. He signed a new contract despite rumors he was going back to the Hurling. Not too sure what he's like myself tbh.

:p I was trying to be polite about what I saw.

He will be a serious player. Has great technical skills which does come from GAA background. He is athletic and great leg strength. Will certainly be a great prospect.

Thanks. I'll be looking forward to watching him play.

Anyone else see Parra in the Farrell incident?

Walks over once play stops and starts winding Farrell up about how bad the injury is wiggling his fingers to show how bad the snap is.. etc..., really unpleasant behaviour - obviously no love lost between the two of them from years gone past but that seemed a bit low.

Didn't see the game, but if that happened then he is an absolute grade-A see you next tuesday.

Shame that both him and Lawes are both out of the Six Nations (one injured, the other too ****) or else we could see a repeat of that time Lawes absolutely ruined his entire life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't see the game, but if that happened then he is an absolute grade-A see you next tuesday.

Shame that both him and Lawes are both out of the Six Nations (one injured, the other too ****) or else we could see a repeat of that time Lawes absolutely ruined his entire life.

How the hell did he not die?!

Last edited by a moderator:
if it doesn't load then jump to 18:10: http://youtu.be/fd6nQ6TSyp4?t=18m10s

It doesn't look like much, but Barritt leans over and pats Farrell on the head and says you're all right son, Parra leans around and says something Farrell looks up, Parra wiggles his fingers as if to say snapped then raises his eyebrows and cocks his head as if to say it's really bad/that's what you get...

Last edited:
I like Parra, he's a model scrum half!

he's a superb player, but that doesn't make him a nice bloke.

To be fair he and Farrell have a lot of history, loads of off the ball stuff between them but even so... it's a bit low imho.

he's a superb player, but that doesn't make him a nice bloke.

To be fair he and Farrell have a lot of history, loads of off the ball stuff between them but even so... it's a bit low imho.

If it was having a go at Farrell for his injury it is pretty low but a lot of people hate him for being a little ****, which is exactly what a scrum half should be and he's the best at it! At the same time some of the things I do on the pitch at times is me being top drawer ******** but I do it to get an extra competitive streak which will help me perform better, it's how some players function and it's only natural to get carried away.

Latest posts