• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup - Pool 2, Round 3 (Castres, Harlequins, Leinster, Wasps)

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulon
zJUuXon.png

Castres.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
London%20Wasps.png

Harlequins.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Leinster.png

By the sounds of it we'll be without Douglas and Strauss but should have McCarthy back. There's also the slightest chance Fitz will be available.

What I expect:
1. McGrath
2. Cronin
3. Ross
4. McCarthy
5. Toner
6. Ruddock
7. Ryan
8. Heaslip
9. Reddan
10. Gopperth
11. Kirchner
12. Madigan
13. D'arcy
14. McFadden
15. Keaney

16. Byrne
17. Bent
18. Furlong
19. Denton
20. Murphy
21. Boss
22. Reid
23. Kearney

Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 1.47.14 PM.png

just thought of something. Is there any chance in this particular tournament setup that Leinster could meet Racing in the playoffs ?!..that would be absolute torture for Sexton !!!

By the sounds of it we'll be without Douglas and Strauss but should have McCarthy back. There's also the slightest chance Fitz will be available.

What I expect:
1. McGrath
2. Cronin
3. Ross
4. McCarthy
5. Toner
6. Ruddock
7. Ryan
8. Heaslip
9. Reddan
10. Gopperth
11. Kirchner
12. Madigan
13. D'arcy
14. McFadden
15. Keaney

16. Byrne
17. Bent
18. Furlong
19. Denton
20. Murphy
21. Boss
22. Reid
23. Kearney

Think you've got it spot on there, unfortunately. Gopperth has been so out of from recently and I would love to see Mads and Reid together. Also D'Arcy seriously need to start preforming if he wants another go at being an international I can't see him getting away with current form with players returning. Shame Douglas had to go smack his head as i'm a big fan, but McCarthy is a good option at this level.

Gopperth's confidence is shot, he needs to be put on the bench and brought into games late. He's not as good as Madigan so it shouldn't be a matter anyway, we just have a pile of wobbly **** coaching us.

I would love to see Mads and Reid together.

I'm with you on that one. Reid has not been anything spectacular so far but he's solid and I reckon he's got buckets of potential if he could get more game time. Why MOC continues to f**k us by having Gopperth on the pitch is beyond me. I'll admit to being more than a little concerned that we keep trotting out the same tired (ineffective) game plan and expect it to come good in this competition. That just ends badly.

10390437_10152823814875240_5171343527574342585_n.jpg

Gopperth at 10 and D'Arcy at 13. Not surprising but not exactly helping my nerves.
Aside from that I reckon we look well, but those are pretty key positions to not be sure if we can rely on them. Don't need that uncertainty in a European match.

Where's the thing that lets me add images through url? Both teams have been announced and I refuse to write them out...for the moment.Talking point for Quins I suppose Sinckler is on the bench.For us, D Kearney and Ryan are both out with injury on top of McFadden and others. Douglas make the 23 and Fitzy and Rob start. Odds on all three being there on matchday? Also Fanning ahead of Kirchner.

Fat ****, how is Fanning starting ahead of DK and Kirchener? We'll win this in a performance that'll want to make you tear your eyes out.

Not a huge fan of Fanning but in fairness he's argubally been 1 of Leinster's best backs and is suited to game plan. The bench seem's a bit iffy to me.

Not a huge fan of Fanning but in fairness he's argubally been 1 of Leinster's best backs and is suited to game plan. The bench seem's a bit iffy to me.
He is very poor in defence, regularly makes bad reads cost us a try against Treviso and would have against the O's but for a forward pass.

Le XV de départ : Dumora ; Sivivatu, Combezou, Lamerat, Grosso ; (o) Kirkpatrick, (m) Kockott ; Caballero (cap), Beattie, Diarra ; Desroche, Faasalele ; Montes, Bonello, Taumoepeau.

Remplaçants : Rallier, Houerie, Herrera, Moreaux, Babillot, Martial, Evans, Garcia.

Boy, don't know how good the Wasps scrum is but Yohan Montès starting at TH...ouch for Castres. They're using some very good pieces like Kockott or Lamerat and Sivivatu, but again they're not taking this all that seriously. Herrera on the bench, a few 3rd stringers and a few key guys missing altogether.

Now then @Big Ewis if you think that the Sky commentators were biased yesterday...............pray listen to Dewi Morris on the Castres game at the moment!!!!!

Allez Sivivatu.............welcome back!!

We could see 20 tries here today!!!

As a former No. 8 I loved that try. The fullback didnt want to know a thing about that

Now then @Big Ewis if you think that the Sky commentators were biased yesterday...............pray listen to Dewi Morris on the Castres game at the moment!!!!!

Allez Sivivatu.............welcome back!!

We could see 20 tries here today!!!

What, and the French commentary wont be biased for Castres?

Latest posts