• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup - Pool 2, Round 5 and 6 (Castres, Harlequins, Leinster, Wasps)

That was a good first half and very poor second. Mads cost us big today, should've handed kicking over to Gopperth or Ferg (who was outstanding IMO).

That second half was symptomatic of our entire season. ****ing terrible. Get yourself into the position to win, all you have to do is keep playing at the level you are and be aware that Wasps are going to come at you. We didn't score in that second half. That's unacceptable.

I'm saying Henshaw Fitz combo. No idea what Keatley has to do with it....

No I'd agree Henshaw Fitz but as I said it looks like Henshaw very doubtful.
And Madigan I'm questioning may be put at 12 with Keatley at 10. As Madigan hasn't the control at 10 but is talented and should be involved.

That second half was symptomatic of our entire season. ****ing terrible. Get yourself into the position to win, all you have to do is keep playing at the level you are and be aware that Wasps are going to come at you. We didn't score in that second half. That's unacceptable.

Who'd you blame here coaches, players or combination of both?

So presuming Toulon win, we want neither Toulouse or Bath get a tbp so that we get a home quarter.

So presuming Toulon win, we want neither Toulouse or Bath get a tbp so that we get a home quarter.

If Toulouse just win I think they get the home QF or am I wrong? And it's 99.9% expected that it'll be Toulouse in QF barring no shocks

Eh, hard to say. Obviously an off day with the boot is something that's tough to legislate for. I think both have to take a share of the blame.

That said, we'll get better. The back line we put out today was about as good as we can field, and Healy and O'Brien coming back will be huge both in terms of talent and leadership. We really should have secured a home game this week though, we've been muck on the road.

Eh, hard to say. Obviously an off day with the boot is something that's tough to legislate for. I think both have to take a share of the blame.

That said, we'll get better. The back line we put out today was about as good as we can field, and Healy and O'Brien coming back will be huge both in terms of talent and leadership. We really should have secured a home game this week though, we've been muck on the road.

Agreed but with those 2 big ball carriers back then it'll provide a lot more platform

If Toulouse just win I think they get the home QF or am I wrong? And it's 99.9% expected that it'll be Toulouse in QF barring no shocks

I read they needed the TBP but that could well be wrong.

There's a lot of what ifs from that game but I still stand by my assertation that on the whole it was a good performance. We've definitely improved massively in the last few weeks.

I read they needed the TBP but that could well be wrong.

There's a lot of what ifs from that game but I still stand by my assertation that on the whole it was a good performance. We've definitely improved massively in the last few weeks.
I'm sorry but playing for forty five minutes can never be seen as a good performance, Leinster should have had at least three tries and have been out of sight at half time. Huge opportunity missed and it could cost them a semi-final.

The thing that I most want SOB and Healy back for is his breakdown work, thinking back to those tight games where we came away down to good defence they stick out as coming up with many of those crucial turnovers. Obviously the impact that they'll be able to add with ball in hand is huge, in that set of phases around 73 mins we needed to be going forward and thats where they're really needed too. ATM this Leinster side isn't good enough to challenge for a ***le V Toulon or Claremont, and TBH Healy and SOB might not be able to make up that difference.

Just had it confirmed Leinster will almost certainly be playing the winner of the Toulouse pool.
They will have a home QF unless:
Toulouse don't get a BP but win by 44points or more
Bath get TBP but win by less than 12

I'm sorry but playing for forty five minutes can never be seen as a good performance, Leinster should have had at least three tries and have been out of sight at half time. Huge opportunity missed and it could cost them a semi-final.

That's true that playing for 45 minutes can't be a good performance but we played for a lot more than that. It was the period between the 50-70 mark that cost us but there was still some class defense in that time.

We left 12 points through penalties on the pitch, that takes performance to get those. Madigan slots them and you're not saying any of those. Him missing kicks is nothing to do with the team performance. Yeah we definitely should have got another try but I said a good performance not a perfect one.

That's true that playing for 45 minutes can't be a good performance but we played for a lot more than that. It was the period between the 50-70 mark that cost us but there was still some class defense in that time.

We left 12 points through penalties on the pitch, that takes performance to get those. Madigan slots them and you're not saying any of those. Him missing kicks is nothing to do with the team performance. Yeah we definitely should have got another try but I said a good performance not a perfect one.
But you have to adapt to missed kicks as a team, Leinster didn't. 14 unanswered points isn't good and neither is two botched tries in the first half. Not a good performance, not a good result, MO'C and his team, the latter must ship most of the blame today, gets away with the bare minimum once again.

Hard to know how to reflect on this game. The first half was a disaster for wasps. To be clear, wasps went out today to target leinster, not merely to hang on in the game. Having Ashley binned in under a minute and then cittadini was an unbelievable setback.

Leinster can be disappointed in not moving out of sight in the first half but at the same time wasps will be disappointed that we couldn't play any rugby until the second half.

Latest posts