• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup - Pool 3, Round 3 (Leicester, Toulon, Scarlets, Ulster)

Delon Armitage was thug by all accounts if true and deserves punishment.
And if what Delon did is true Toulon fans should be embarrassed

To be fair to Delon - everyone knows he's a massive **** with a short temper. Welford Road is a notoriously horrible place to go as an away player (or fan) and they get a lot of abuse from the stands.

Fair play for winding him up enough, though - as a pro sportsman he should be able to take it in his stride, but it's obviously gotten under his skin (haven't seen the game so don't know if he performed badly).

Still, offering out some 15yr olds in the carpark isn't exactly in the spirit of the game. If he's found "guilty" he should absolutely get a ban for it.

To be fair to Delon - everyone knows he's a massive **** with a short temper. Welford Road is a notoriously horrible place to go as an away player (or fan) and they get a lot of abuse from the stands.

Fair play for winding him up enough, though - as a pro sportsman he should be able to take it in his stride, but it's obviously gotten under his skin (haven't seen the game so don't know if he performed badly).

Still, offering out some 15yr olds in the carpark isn't exactly in the spirit of the game. If he's found "guilty" he should absolutely get a ban for it.

Pretty much! Castro and Armitage, if he's found guilty, should not be allowed to play this week. I also find Castro being ****** off at Leicester for his contract quite hilarious.

And I can't imagine how proud of themselves the Tigers' fans who got such a rise out of Armitage must be! What a badge of honour. :D

Pretty much! Castro and Armitage, if he's found guilty, should not be allowed to play this week. I also find Castro being ****** off at Leicester for his contract quite hilarious.

And I can't imagine how proud of themselves the Tigers' fans who got such a rise out of Armitage must be! What a badge of honour. :D

Depends what bit.

Trouble is there are lots of different bits in it.
1) Calling Leicester fans Inbr*d C*nts at half time.
2) Walking down the wrong tunnel get some cheers and then some jeers, threating to rip someones f*cking face off. (TBH I don't see much into personally, unless he actually went right up to the supporters face and did it in a truly threatening way)
3) telling a kid who ask for his autograph to "fuk off you ittle c*nt" and trying to "start" something.

Now depending on if it happened or not I feel 3 is the worse by a mile personally speaking.

TBH I bet a lot of it was down to fan pressure reporting the instances but I understand it much like I understood why cockers got 8 weeks for an outburst (although it was stated what he said).

Maybe self control now Jonny has left the playing squad is not encouraged by Toulon, I don't know but you sound like sore losers, and also going on Toulon record of wanting player available I don't they would of given a club ban so to speak.
(dear god I now know why everyone hates Leicester fans generally :O )

Depends what bit.

Trouble is there are lots of different bits in it.
1) Calling Leicester fans Inbr*d C*nts at half time.
2) Walking down the wrong tunnel get some cheers and then some jeers, threating to rip someones f*cking face off. (TBH I don't see much into personally, unless he actually went right up to the supporters face and did it in a truly threatening way)
3) telling a kid who ask for his autograph to "fuk off you ittle c*nt" and trying to "start" something.

Now depending on if it happened or not I feel 3 is the worse by a mile personally speaking.

TBH I bet a lot of it was down to fan pressure reporting the instances but I understand it much like I understood why cockers got 8 weeks for an outburst (although it was stated what he said).

Maybe self control now Jonny has left the playing squad is not encouraged by Toulon, I don't know but you sound like sore losers, and also going on Toulon record of wanting player available I don't they would of given a club ban so to speak.
(dear god I now know why everyone hates Leicester fans generally :O )
Well, I'd only heard of the car park incident the other two are harmless enough ! Number 1 is almost commendable! :p

Number 1.....well if the boot fits.

Which it probably doesnt due to the webbed feet.

No matter what happens you should not act like football crowds. As for Nigels errors I think it went both ways. The offsides at the ruck and a few forward passes went un-noticed. As for Castro and his contract what can you say, Julian White with an up and coming Cole as back up. A bit of an sad case but no longer required.

All I can say about Castro and Delon is its a bloody good job they play for Toulon and not Zebre because they are seriously bad losers ! Haha

Teams up not as fancy as Big Ewis team sheet so whilst we are waiting for him:

RC Toulon

15. Leigh Halfpenny; 14. Delon Armitage, 13. Mathieu Bastareaud, 12. Maxime Mermoz, 11. Bryan Habana; 10. Nicolas Sanchez, 9. Sebastien Tillous-Borde; 1. Alexandre Menini, 2. Guilhem Guirado, 3. Levan Chilachava, 4. Bakkies Botha, 5. Ali Williams, 6. Juan Smith, 7. Steffon Armitage, 8. Chris Masoe (c)
16. Jean-Charles Orioli, 17. Florian Fresia, 18. Carl Hayman, 19. Mamuka Gorgodze, 20. James O'Connor, 21. Jocelino Suta, 22. Michael Claassens, 23. Romain Taofifenua

- - - Updated - - -

Leicester Tigers

15. Matthew Tait; 14. Blaine Scully, 13. Matt Smith, 12. Anthony Allen, 11. Vereniki Goneva; 10. Owen Williams, 9. Ben Youngs (c); 1. Marcos Ayerza, 2. Leonardo Ghiraldini, 3. Dan Cole, 4. Brad Thorn, 5. Geoff Parling, 6. Jamie Gibson, 7. Julian Salvi, 8. Robert Barbieri
16. Tom Youngs, 17. Michele Rizzo, 18. Fraser Balmain, 19. Sebastian De Chaves, 20. Jordan Crane, 21. Tom Croft, 22. Sam Harrison, 23. Freddie Burns

well done Tigs.
Strange they're hellbent on keeping team captain Hayman on the bench..he must not be 100% physically, TLN being dominated in the first test in the scrum and now putting in young Chilachava (as good as he's shown he can be)...Menini back was primordial, but it's on that TH side that things are going to click or not..
Armitage on the wing is just weird...they must have their reasons, but ffs put David Smith !
JOC on the bench is fair, he's only returning from injury.

Rest looks good to me, I agree with Juan Smith back starting and Gorgodze coming fresh off the bench. And there's an entire replacement tight 5 in the subs there.
JOC is such a luxury to have for coaches. If Sanchez gets hurt, he can play flyhalf, he can also replace any of wing, fullback or arguably inside center.

Tom Croft back indeed for the Tiggers then.

Rumours abound that Croft is also covering the backs on the bench!!!!!

The 6 forward 2 backs makes our game plan obvious we are going to target we there. Kitchener is a big lose but Parling and Thorn combo looks tasty.

Youngs will prob come on to counter the fresh legs of Haymen with Ayerza. Ayerza should be wanting to destroy a young TH in the scrum.

what are Toulons views on the teams at the minute

well my dear Migs Tan, some like me are perplexed not to see David Smith, or at least D.Mitchell. Especially when it's Armitage who's taking their place.
Then Fresia is an interesting young talent who brings power and activity in the loose and is a modern prop in that sense, but is still very young (twhinti too) and inexperienced and perhaps not up for such a test in the scrum, and a no. of Toulon fans are asking why we wouldn't pick Barcella who mind you isn't the Fab Barcella of 2009 but is an old experienced unit who has been good the rare times we've seen him in rouge et noir so far. Plus I can confirm he brings quality in the loose (was very good overall in Ulster). Seems the staff want to really test Fresia as much as possible, and they seem to like playing him at Euro level, they did this last year also. So be it, we're not a replacement LH shy of a turn of events..

Maybe Armitage is there as a pre-emptive strike against our kicking game?

guess it is going to be to contrasting styles.

Tigers going for blunt aggression, Toulon looking at a more mobile game plan.

Last edited:

Latest posts