• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup - Pool 3, Round 4 (Leicester, Toulon, Scarlets, Ulster)

Toulon are an overrated team ATM.

....so in reality, Tigers must be well over rated as they should have been hammered here but were let off lightly with some poor handling from RCT!!

I think that Giteau is a HUGE miss for RCT and they do not really seem to get things moving without him but they were clearly the better side here today and should have the bonus point. Be sure of one thing, they will be much better come the end of the season which is when the trophies are given out!!

Tigers got away with not having a hiding there. Toulon mistakes meant the score was a lot closer than what it should have been.

....so in reality, Tigers must be well over rated as they should have been hammered here but were let off lightly with some poor handling from RCT!!

I think that Giteau is a HUGE miss for RCT and they do not really seem to get things moving without him but they were clearly the better side here today and should have the bonus point. Be sure of one thing, they will be mcuh better come the end of the season which is when the trophies are given out!!

- - - Updated - - -

!!

Don't think you know what Overrated means?

23-8.....disappointing, TLN should've put 40 past the Tiggers tonight. Two major missed chances and another pretty good one. Mermoz was sublime, if not for the one bad spill. Sanchez was pretty good, TB was very good, very quick and accurate. HP if he could counter just a bit and be more of an attacking player (play numerical advantages, make accurate quick passes on the break...) would be the best FB in the world. Definitely the best boot in the world. Forward pack was present, mentions to Ali Williams (how old is he again, 25 ?), Menini in particular.
Breakdown was a mess, inconsistent, guys diving in at times no problem, but both ways. You may be anti-Toulon (because they're the best) and biased but there's a number of bad pens on the ground from the Tiggers too, they were just piling up. Clancy just isn't a great ref. But that's secondary anyways.

Very good TLN effort overall, looks good for the rest of the way. Clermont look formidable too, and maybe Saracens ?

Now all I need is a nice Racing win, and for Clermont to get it tomorrow :p

Surely that just means Toulon are crapper than everyone's giving them credit for?
If they're so good and they should've pumped Tigers by 3.2million to nil....why didn't they?
Why are they making so many errors that are stopping them from demolishing everything put in front of them?

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts....

Surely that just means Toulon are crapper than everyone's giving them credit for?
If they're so good and they should've pumped Tigers by 3.2million to nil....why didn't they?
Why are they making so many errors that are stopping them from demolishing everything put in front of them?

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts....

This guy gets it.

"To have a higher opinion of (someone or something) than is deserved".

And using that how are Toulon not overrated?

Meh all that matters is that Toulon smashed the Tigers. Tigers looking like not progressing from the group.

Tigers have been poor all season, it's not exactly a surprise. They got 45-0 put on them by Bath - their main focus is the premiership and always has been.
They weren't "smashed" today, they just lost.
If they were smashed then it would've looked like the Bath game, but it didn't. They were competitive, and bossed the scrums. Toulon obviously won, but it wasn't a walkover.

They were certainly not better at the breakdown, lineouts or the kicking game today. Yes they had the upper hand on the scrum but Clancy allowed some iffy calls.

Meh all that matters is that Toulon smashed the Tigers. Tigers looking like not progressing from the group.

TBH never was expected.

Happy with the progress we have made though.

Going from conceding 5 tries and 3 tries against Glous to beating Toulon one game and conceding 2 tries in the next with basically the same backline is a sign of progession.

Just need to get an attacking threat.

Hopfully Loamanu and Manu will be fit as predicted in the next 3 weeks.

They were certainly not better at the breakdown, lineouts or the kicking game today. Yes they had the upper hand on the scrum but Clancy allowed some iffy calls.

Same could be said about the breakdown with Clancy.

Thorn was a huge loss for us.

Big Ewis I swear you have no knowledge of the breakdown at all. :p

it's true...one of the big regrets in my life. I try hard every day to better myself, from an moral standpoint in the daily life. (wait for it..) I try to stay objective, not be subjected to my personal bias which I don't always identify...but alas (wait for it), for all my efforts to draw towards the greater good, God knows I would, yet never could...break down the breakdown. *silent tear dropping on cheek, expressionless face*

Last edited:
it's true...one of the big regrets in my life. I try hard every day to better myself, from an moral standpoint in the daily life. (wait for it..) I try to stay objective, not be subjected to my personal bias which I don't always identify...but alas (wait for it), for all my efforts to draw towards the greater good, God knows I would, yet never could...break down the breakdown. *silent tear dropping on cheek, expressionless face*

QWygCNG.gif

I'm sorry

dude, you're obviously even worse at reading lips than I am at reading the breakdown. He's clearly saying "mmojehh", which in Iranian means "cheeseburger" but in slang and a very sarcastic acceptation. It's one of the worst insults over there and people when called that traditionally pick out a small snack from their pockets (which they are to keep available) and start feasting slowly on it while staring straight at their interlocutor, as retort and a sign of defiantly accepting the challenge.

FYI I'm sorry about O'Connor if it was up to me he would have gone to somewhere else. (Mainly a French team)

we don't want need him. He wouldn't get a job in Top 14.

- - - Updated - - -

This Toulon team don't need to pay the ref or dodgy calls to win that trophy again :)

I think it was an easy win for Toulon. They played 70% of full potential. They left a lot behind. They will fix that and with Giteau back, whoever they meet in QF at home is going to get it big time......

Last edited:

Latest posts