• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup - Pool 4, Round 5 (Bath, Glasgow, Montpellier, Toulouse)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
zJUuXon.png

Glasgow.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
130px-Logo-MHR-2013.jpg

13:00
Sky Sports/BeIN

Toulouse.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Bath.png

16:15
FR2/BeIN/BT Sport​

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to the Bath game. Realistically, we need a win and probably a try bonus to stay in with a chance of qualification. OK, I'll say it, it's probably not going to happen but I do know we're going to give it a damn good go, and if we play at our best we will make it a hell of an encounter to watch! I can't wait

I'm looking forward to the Tolouse vs Bath game, i'm really keen to see how Burgess goes against some world class players...

still reckon he has a lot to learn and apart from a couple of good hits nothing really to say that he is going to be the star that everyone is making him out to be, but thats the good old press for you, promote him onto a pedistal then kick the sh** out of him if he has a bad game, so time will tell and it will be interesting especially if Fritz and David are the 2 centres for Toulouse.
Montpellier will be giving some of the younger players a run out i suspect as its a dead rubber for us, the only thing we need to avoid is a cricket score as it's never good for morale, we are looking ahead to the Bordeaux game in two weeks and this does give Jake some better time to really get to know the players and their capabilities.

Last edited:
still reckon he has a lot to learn and apart from a couple of good hits nothing really to say that he is going to be the star that everyone is making him out to be, but thats the good old press for you, promote him onto a pedistal then kick the sh** out of him if he has a bad game, so time will tell and it will be interesting especially if Fritz and David are the 2 centres for Toulouse.

i make you right Gaston, though i think he's progressing well.

it will be interesting to see how goes against someone like Fritz and David.

Bath Rugby team to face Toulouse
15. Anthony Watson
14. Horacio Agulla
13. Jonathan Joseph
12. Kyle Eastmond
11. Matt Banahan
10. George Ford
9. Chris Cook
1. Paul James ( c )
2. Rob Webber
3. David Wilson
4. Dominic Day
5. Dave Attwood
6. Matt Garvey
7. Francois Louw
8. Leroy Houston
Replacements
16. Ross Batty
17. Nick Auterac
18. Henry Thomas
19. Stuart Hooper
20. Carl Fearns
21. Peter Stringer
22. Ollie Devoto
23. Olly Woodburn

The team to play Glasgow on Sun lunchtime a very mixed bag indeed, but as we are already eliminated it is to be expected.

Effectif:
1. Yvan WATREMEZ - 2. Mickaël IVALDI - 3. Pat CILLIERS - 4. Robins TCHALE-WATCHOU - 5. Thibaut PRIVAT (Capitaine) - 6. Antoine BATTUT - 7. Akapusi QERA - 8. Ben MOWEN - 9. Teddy IRIBAREN - 10. Ben LUCAS - 11. Lucas DUPONT - 12. Wynand OLIVIER - 13. Robert EBERSOHN - 14. Yohann ARTRU - 15. Benoit SICART

Les remplaçants: 16. Thomas BIANCHIN - 17. Na'ama LELEIMALEFAGA - 18. David ATTOUB - 19. Alexandre BIAS - 20. Kélian GALLETIER - 21. Benoît PAILLAUGUE - 22. Enzo SELPONI - 23. Samisoni VIRIVIRI - See more at: http://www.montpellier-rugby.com/news/la-composition-pour-glasgow-mhr#sthash.8S9lIxOY.dpuf

Last edited:
Glad to see that Ford has the sense to start Eastmond-Joseph away in Toulouse when both are fully fit! I'd have liked to see Batty and possibly even Auterac starting this one, although I know Ford sees the two front rows as complete units who each play together, Batty is obviously the form choice as I see it. Maybe a bit of flexibility wouldn't go amiss. Anyway, still a good side, no complaints.

Interesting that club captain Hooper is not starting, any idea why, does he have a small injury?

The Glasgow Warriors team to face Montpelier

Glasgow Warriors: Peter Murchie, Tommy Seymour, Alex Dunbar, Peter Horne, DTH van der Merwe, Finn Russell, Niko Matawalu, Ryan Grant, Pat MacArthur, Jon Welsh, Tim Swinson, Jonny Gray, Leone Nakarawa, Ryan Wilson, Josh Strauss (Captain).
Replacements: Fraser Brown, Jerry Yanuyanutawa, Mike Cusack, James Eddie, Richie Vernon, Henry Pyrgos, Mark Bennett, Sean Maitland.

Good to see Bennett back hopefully he will recover in time for the six nations.

In this pretty dire match, Glasgow have just taken their best player off!! Was Matanau injured? He did not look like it......

Not much chance of that with MHR putting out their seconds!!!

The only thing that could have beaten Glasgow was themsleves and they have pulled themselves together now as they are looking for the bonus point which they should get....providing they can hang on to the ball!!!

Wow Van der Merwe is on fire today

Assisted by some appalling tackling though!! I like a lot about Finn Russell (except his haircut although Lucas's was worse!!) especially his kicking from hand!

What on earth were they thinking about in running that penalty in injury time? Nuts!!

Yeh at least Glasgow knocked on.

They had had plenty of practice!!!

I am seriously hoping that the ST v Bath match lives up to its possibilities as it has the "potential" to be the match of the whole tournament to date!!

Latest posts