• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup - Pool 4, Round 5 (Bath, Glasgow, Montpellier, Toulouse)

Seriously, what's happened to Watson? He used to be absolutely lightning, now he looks about the same speed as Agulla/Banahan.
Not slow by any means, but a good yard of pace less than before.

Penalty went the wrong way then, Louw dove straight in off his feet before getting back up.

Bath are actually one off the most luckiest teams ever, they actually go through by penalty tries. wow.

Well played Bath, did enough in the end. Some really daft stuff from Glasgow with those penalties deep in the 22 in the last 5. Tried to force it a bit too much which is not something you'd often say about Warriors. Always a bit disappointing to lose a game due to two penalty tries, thought we looked far more menacing despite a lack of possession. Sadly, with Niko, Maitland and potentially others leaving, this might have been the best chance we have to get into the quarters for a while.

Penalty went the wrong way then, Louw dove straight in off his feet before getting back up.

Technically true, but it's not like refs always pick those up, or even usually do. Either way, I still want to have Louw's babies

Bath are actually one off the most luckiest teams ever, they actually go through by penalty tries. wow.

I wouldn't call either of the penalty tries luck, both were blantatly tries, although the second was just a normal try I thought. They would have both been normal tries had Glasgow not infringed to stop them so it's not like there was any ambiguity in it. Also Ford missed 2 penalties so...

Having said that Bath were atrocious today, pratting about looking for the magic ball again rather than settling, getting control and then letting the special stuff come naturally. Having that level of scrum dominance and getting so little out of it is pretty atrocious.

Yeah... But the word technically doesn't really need to be there does it. It's just true :p

Fair enough, I'm sure you're feeling aggrieved by it and I would in reverse. However, everyone plays to the refereeing and Louw's judgement under pressure was impeccable.

Having said that Bath were atrocious today, pratting about looking for the magic ball again rather than settling, getting control and then letting the special stuff come naturally. Having that level of scrum dominance and getting so little out of it is pretty atrocious.

Yep.

Again, we coped really poorly with pressure from physical intensity, defend hard and attack our breakdown and we start to look second rate. There's a lack of game sense to us in these situations, it was clear early on that Fraser Brown was having s scorcher and something needed to be done to combat that. We needed to slow down and make sure our runners were going in with support, if that means dialling down the desire to go wide that's just rugby. Adapt.

Fair enough, I'm sure you're feeling aggrieved by it and I would in reverse. However, everyone plays to the refereeing and Louw's judgement under pressure was impeccable.

I'm just joshing man. You can't be angry at any openside in the world for taking that risk, and if it had come off for Glasgow the other way then I wouldn't be complaining. I thought we would get tanked today with that front and back row but the back row were tremendous. Less said about the front row the better...

Latest posts