• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup QF. 3 - Saracens v Glasgow Warriors

"Pumped" it is. Rennie will have his work cut out for him with such a threadbare squad and Townsend is going to be under enormous pressure as national coach given Glasgows slump this year and Vern's improvement. Interesting times for Scottish rugby in the next 18 months.

I think replacing Cotter was a very foolish move. I can understand the reasoning behind wanting to hold onto Townsend, but I would've let him get some more experience and silverware under his belt, over the next few years, before nominating him as head coach in place of somebody who has a very good track record and has brought in considerable improvements for Scotland.

I hope the gamble pays off. Having Scotland competitive again has been great.

Anyone seen the ridiculous tweet from rugbyinsideline about the handbags between Owen Farrell and I think it was Ryan Wilson ? ImageUploadedByRugby Forum1491152720.787535.jpg

As much as I despise sensationalism, I have to agree with that tweet. Owen Farrell has the knack of being an irritating brat who always looks for a fight. This is no Lion's behaviour, and I dare say that he stains the Lions' name by displaying such a bad conduct.

As much as I despise sensationalism, I have to agree with that tweet. Owen Farrell has the knack of being an irritating brat who always looks for a fight. This is no Lion's behaviour, and I dare say that he stains the Lions' name by displaying such a bad conduct.

Hahahahahahaahahahahahahahha

*deep breath*

Aaaaaaaahaahahahhahahahahahah

Lads will ye stop. Farrell was pulled in there by Glasgow lad and reacted like every player would. He won't get cited and shouldn't. That tweet is simply just stirring

"Pumped" it is. Rennie will have his work cut out for him with such a threadbare squad and Townsend is going to be under enormous pressure as national coach given Glasgows slump this year and Vern's improvement. Interesting times for Scottish rugby in the next 18 months.

The good news for Glasgow is that Scotland attack coach Jason O'Halloran will be joining them as Rennie's assistant and so the Scottish backs will get good continuity under his guidance. This guy is a highly rated coach and like Cotter deserves a lot of credit for Scotland's upturn in fortunes.

Well played Sarries today. A class performance and worthy winners. Home advantage and a strong bench counts for so much these days.

I would rather he was pulled out of a fight than having to be pushed into one.

I mean some of the best captains in the world have had that agressive streak about them, the idea that they would not back down from a challenge. Difference is they didn't do **** for no reason (ala Hartley).

Not saying Faz is captain material but to say he shouldn't be one becuase of it is laughable.

Last edited:
There's plenty of that on the internet, mate:

Just goes to show how very little class and sportsmanship this guy has

Last edited by a moderator:
In that last vid are you suggesting that Picamoles has no class?

The Laidlaw one, TBH I would do the same if I was in that situation. Laidlaw uses his body to shield the ball out he should expect a push.

And the Brits thing, well Brits swung first.

FFS what are you trying to prove?

In that last vid are you suggesting that Picamoles has no class?

The Laidlaw one, TBH I would do the same if I was in that situation. Laidlaw uses his body to shield the ball out he should expect a push.

And the Brits thing, well Brits swung first.

FFS what are you trying to prove?

Laidlaw incident was stupid.
Huget petulant.
Picamoles foot tripped him, say what you want to the prick.
Brits punched him, of course you react!

They're all very recent and relevant too... Farrell has matured a lot as a leader in Sarries and England, if only he was as good as Sexton or Henshaw he'd be my Lions captain.

Latest posts