• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup QF. 3 - Saracens v Glasgow Warriors

Have to say I think Farrell isn't a temperamental guy. He's same as any 10. Sexton is same as him in that regard. They're mouth and demanding guys but that is needed as a 10. Think it is just having a dig at a guy over nothing. Those videos I'm sure we can dig examples similar for nearly all 10s these days
Tell me if you've ever seen Beauden Barrett, Dan Carter or Bernard Foley lose temper or pick a fight with another rugby player. Yet they are cool-headed and good at being 1st five eights (probably much better than Farrell at the same position too). Other classy 5/8s include Ford and Pollard who are both serious, dedicated and make no fuss on and off the field. that's what you want from a 1st 5.
I'll let you dig out the examples now, providing that you find at least one on these players.

Leave the ****le to the halfback, or any other forward.

- - - Updated - - -

To a point. I want someone, particularly at #10, who is extremely cool headed. I couldn't help thinking of ROG in the last game against RSA when i read your post. He got emotional, disregarded what everyone around him (including the bench) was telling him, made two mistakes in one play and cost the Lions the tour.

I'd pick Sexton over Farrell 9 times out of 10. He's clearly emotional too, but for some reason he always seems to be in control.
+1

Tell me if you've ever seen Beauden Barrett, Dan Carter or Bernard Foley lose temper or pick a fight with another rugby player. Yet they are cool-headed and good at being 1st five eights (probably much better than Farrell at the same position too). Other classy 5/8s include Ford and Pollard who are both serious, dedicated and make no fuss on and off the field. that's what you want from a 1st 5.
I'll let you dig out the examples now, providing that you find at least one on these players.

- - - Updated - - -

+1

Yes Foley lost it vs England.
Carter was pushing vs Munster in Paris this year.
Barrett I'm not watching enough of to comment.
As I said I'm not sure if there is an agenda against Farrell but the real top players all have that edge. Paul O'Connell is 1 of calmest guys I've ever met and even he has thrown boxes in past.
I'd also say from bits I've seen of Super Rugby there is nowhere near as much ****le over there than here. Over there it is rugby but in Europe the bully tactic is more usual. Sexton Farrell etc if your in opposition you aim to hit them illegally at times to rattle them. If Barrett came to Europe or Foley I'm sure you will see them react. There's only so much any giy takes.

On ROG Cruz_del_Sur I'm sure the fact he was hugely concussed played a part in all that too. He had been steamrolled

Last edited:

- - - Updated - - -

+1

Bigger?

Nothing classier than drunk driving

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qAwIklpWT_w[/video]

Lions tours are notoriously ****ly/flare up (especially midweek) - stamping, gouging, spearing, punching a hole clean through ROG's head, every tour has at least one nasty incident.
You want guys who are going to stand up for themselves, not roll over in the face of adversity.

Exactly

Takes quite something to have a room full of celts and non-Saracens English banding together to support Owen Farrell. Give that man a Nobel Peace Prize!

I'm taking credit for that .... I've bought together a group of rivals to rally around a universally disliked figure ! Anyway guys I'm off to the Middle East see you soon ;)

Although there's nothing better than Penne Rara gobbling off about Beauden Barrett being a good example to others 3 days before he got sent off haha

Latest posts