• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup Quarter Final - Clermont vs Northampton

He was quite up and down for Bath, but did put in performances as good as/better than today for them.
I do think he was very unlucky not to get more caps than he did, and I'm not sure why he didn't when you look at some of the players we put at 15 at times.

I mean: Surely he was injured when we put Monye at 15?!

Like JSD the England management (Including Lancaster) don't favour players like him.

(Although JSD suffered more with injuries).

Abendanon is class, how he only has two caps is quite incredible! Bath would have won today if they hadn't lost him!

Don't think watson had to bad a game against Leinster apart the loss of brain to get sin binned.

Don't think watson had to bad a game against Leinster apart the loss of brain to get sin binned.
Watson on the wing, one of Banahan or Agulla on the bench - Homer back at Not Nots (if Bath are going to keep Ford kicking with Homer on the pitch, then there's really no need for him to be in the side).

Watson on the wing, one of Banahan or Agulla on the bench - Homer back at Not Nots (if Bath are going to keep Ford kicking with Homer on the pitch, then there's really no need for him to be in the side).

I think Watson's future is at full back. His countering ability at his age is superb. He could be some player in the future.

He was quite up and down for Bath, but did put in performances as good as/better than today for them.
I do think he was very unlucky not to get more caps than he did, and I'm not sure why he didn't when you look at some of the players we put at 15 at times.

I mean: Surely he was injured when we put Monye at 15?!

England have been quite blessed with full backs in recent times. Armitage, Foden and Brown all have had good runs in the starting jersey. Goode is also actually very decent at club level and at a club that has done well in getting players towards England caps under Lancaster/Farrell. Having said that, I've always liked Abendanon since back in his early days, he rarely let Bath down but never got much recognition there. Good to see he has really shone in Clermont.

He should have got more caps but he isn't better than Brown.

It's a very different game being given free reign to attack and having amazing quick ball. He is a good player but not a great loss.

Abendonan and brown are completely different players with different skill sets. Nick better in attack bit small and has defensive problems. Brown reliable in the air runs the ball back well but plays for himself and not the team.

Yet to watch the game (been out all day, not home yet) but will try and catch some highlights. Very keen to watch it having read this thread.

One thing I will say, I'm seeing people who cry, week after week, for Armitage to be included in the England squad, getting all high and mighty about Abendanon playing in France. Making me both laugh but also choke with rage.

I don't care about where Abendanon plays, I just don't think he is worth starting for England.

I don't care about where Abendanon plays, I just don't think he is worth starting for England.

He's the best fullback in top 14 right now, that'd justify a spot in the English squad, easily.

He's the best fullback in top 14 right now, that'd justify a spot in the English squad, easily.

Not in Lancaster eyes!

Best 7 in the top 14 doesn't seem to sway him.

I remember him playing a lot for the Saxons and I remember bath fans getting annoyed at him not making the main squad

Plus he has an awesome name, Abendanon. Him and Auterac should be in the squad for that reason. They sound like characters out of LOTR.

He'd be much more worth in the 23 than Twelvetrees.

That said: He's playing in France so shouldn't be considered for an England spot, and rightly isn't.

Latest posts