• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup Quarter-Final: Munster v Toulon

I'm alive...... Just. What a game. We still it but you need that some days. O'Mahony was on a different level and Conway is getting better even now. Let's remember he couldn't run Monday.
Zebo going off was the best thing that happened us and we'll I agree with alot here Owens wasn't great. I think I say that for both teams.

Freedom of Limerick to Nigel. He deserves it.
Why he was shite for both teams. Wouldn't say he was 1 sides just took over.
Yes the Zebo 1 was an issue but there was alot he missed on both sides.
I think the real difference was we showed balls in our D

Best I've seen Jack O'Donoghue in quite a while.

Good win for Munster although I think the semi final is a far as they'll get. Injuries have seriously weakened their depth. A positive by-product of this is players like Jack O'Donoghue and Sam Arnold getting, and taking, their opportunities. Find a better flyhalf and they're very close to challenging for the trophy again.

Good win for Munster although I think the semi final is a far as they'll get. Injuries have seriously weakened their depth. A positive by-product of this is players like Jack O'Donoghue and Sam Arnold getting, and taking, their opportunities. Find a better flyhalf and they're very close to challenging for the trophy again.

If only Bill Johnston were fit right now...

If only Bill Johnston were fit right now...
Bill was fit but as evident last night he was very poor in A game. Hopefully he can kick on in SA if he goes.

Keatley wasn't terrible tonight himself Scannell and Arnold stayed brave vs the Massey Ferguson range running at them

Not sure Nigel will get the freedom of Limerick as he's just called back a sure try for a non existent knock on around fifty minutes in.
Not done watching yet, but Wootton looks a defensive liability at this level.

Not sure Nigel will get the freedom of Limerick as he's just called back a sure try for a non existent knock on around fifty minutes in.
As was said he was poor for both teams.

And was just shown to me. One French fan (Not Toulon) on Twitter said "It's a joke how Owens constantly keeps the British Money Hounds going in return for us funding his table talking"

Am we are In Ireland.

As was said he was poor for both teams.

And was just shown to me. One French fan (Not Toulon) on Twitter said "It's a joke how Owens constantly keeps the British Money Hounds going in return for us funding his table talking"

Am we are In Ireland.
You'd have to be one eyed in the extreme to say we got everything. 52 minutes in a ridiculous offside in the maul goes Toulons ways. He's just an extremely unpredictable and difficult to interpret referee is Nigel these days. Won't deny the crowd advantage brought a lot of things to his attention that worked in our favor.
Well the fact a fool on twitter with garbage opinions doesn't know what Ireland is shouldn't surprise anyone. Also the irony of talkijg about money when Toulon are Europe's richest club is gas.

You'd have to be one eyed in the extreme to say we got everything. 52 minutes in a ridiculous offside in the maul goes Toulons ways. He's just an extremely unpredictable and difficult to interpret referee is Nigel these days. Won't deny the crowd advantage brought a lot of things to his attention that worked in our favor.
Well the fact a fool on twitter with garbage opinions doesn't know what Ireland is shouldn't surprise anyone. Also the irony of talkijg about money when Toulon are Europe's richest club is gas.
But on a plus I get 12 days in SA in my Speedos before going to France.

We won't care we in Semi Final and huge underdogs. I like that

But on a plus I get 12 days in SA in my Speedos before going to France.

We won't care we in Semi Final and huge underdogs. I like that
Absolutely and I wouldn't at all fear our chances against Clermont or Racing. Clermont are in poor form and we nearly pipped Racing in France already this year.

Absolutely and I wouldn't at all fear our chances against Clermont or Racing. Clermont are in poor form and we nearly pipped Racing in France already this year.
In a semi final form is as good as used toilet role. But look we in bonus territory so will give it a lash

@themole25 what's your opinion on Murray's try?

The rules say that "The ruck ends and play continues when the ball leaves the ruck or when the ball in the ruck is on or over the goal line" to me that would read that this shouldn't be a try unless Guirado picking the ball up means he left the ruck? (Although even then part of the ball is in line with Basta's foot) Whatever the ruling is I'm almost certain that Owens hinging the decision on a knock on was incorrect.

Having watched it a few times I don't think it was a try but I'm no expert.

As french i would like a referee who speak french and not only english .
it is a shame always the same problem . the referee talk to the english players and he does not see the british fault .
i alway feel if we win we must win against the opposite team and the referee.
This post is all kinds of mental.

From "English" players (how many were there today and what side were they on?), to the "British" Irish people and asking for a French referee to referee French games.

That said Toulon were straight robbed by the officials today, I would be seriously P'd off if I were a fan. Then again they had enough opportunities to win yet somehow managed to bungle a couple of golden opportunities.

The rules say that "The ruck ends and play continues when the ball leaves the ruck or when the ball in the ruck is on or over the goal line" to me that would read that this shouldn't be a try unless Guirado picking the ball up means he left the ruck? (Although even then part of the ball is in line with Basta's foot) Whatever the ruling is I'm almost certain that Owens hinging the decision on a knock on was incorrect.

The ruck ended when the ball was knocked on, giving advantage to Munster. It was the dodgiest try that I've seen in some time, but I agreed with the call in the end.

Owens made poor decisions both ways, but the biggest complaint that Toulon will have is the penalty try at the beginning of the game, which should have been given.

From what I was told. After knock on. Nobody touched it so ball is live as it was played. So try had to be allowed due to Advantage being played. Although Nige didn't see knock on.
Once the ball was picked and dropped it became live. The key bit was nobody touched ball after the play so it was live as opposed to still in a ruck. So after the spill (regardless of back or forward) it was live and that is where Murray became alert

On this about Toulon getting rode by ref. What about the neck rolls and our disallowed try for a non knock on. Ref was bad but we got bad calls on us too. Think there a bit of an excuse searching exercise by some. The fact was Toulon didn't convert the pressure to points and well we punished that

. Ref was bad but we got bad calls on us too. Think there a bit of an excuse searching exercise by some.

Nowhere near the same extent or amount that went against Toulon.

So humour us, who are the "some" plus why are they undertaking the "excuse searching exercises"?

I'm glad that we managed to put the curse of Nige behind us. Recently we've always done badly in games where he was referee.

He's made numerous suspect calls in every game I've seen him officiate over the last three months. Can we stop calling this guy one of the best referees in the world now?

Latest posts