• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup Quarter-Final: Munster v Toulon

@RugbyMarvel Once the ball was played it became live. Doesn't matter that it never left ruck as he played at back so it's live as hands were on. Hence the try

For all the negativity on officials I must say Wayne Barnes and his team have had a superb 70mins here.

Wouldn't it have made more sense for a French ref to do the clermont racing game.

Barnes could have done yesterday rday's and Nigel do the afternoon game.

And Barnes is class. Probably the best in the world right now.

Wouldn't it have made more sense for a French ref to do the clermont racing game.

Barnes could have done yesterday rday's and Nigel do the afternoon game.

And Barnes is class. Probably the best in the world right now.
Laws prevent a French man from Redding a French team. Had to be a neutral.

For all the negativity on officials I must say Wayne Barnes and his team have had a superb 70mins here.
In the Clermont-Racing game Wayne and his TMO spectacularly misjudged a forward pass from Carter to Andreu for Racing's 1st try

In the Clermont-Racing game Wayne and his TMO spectacularly misjudged a forward pass from Carter to Andreu for Racing's 1st try
It was the correct call per laws. When it left his hands it was backwards and IRB are blue in face stating that I'd guess. So it was more he spectacularly went back and checked and we'll discovered he was spot on.

I thought it was a penalty try and yellow card all day long in regards to the Zebo incident.

He isn't attempting to catch the ball and all this chat about his hand being underneath the ball as if he is trying to control it is rubbish.

https://twitter.com/valeursdurugby/status/980138825316888576

Photo on here shows Zebo clear as day making no effort to control it and effectively slapping it away from Ashton, which would knock it out of play.

Looks like Ashton had his hands on the ball - which means Zebo is entitled to try and dislodge it.

Doesn't matter where the ball goes at that point.

Looks like Ashton had his hands on the ball - which means Zebo is entitled to try and dislodge it.

Doesn't matter where the ball goes at that point.
Yes it does. If it goes forward it's an intentional knock and if goes into touch it should be intentionally batting ball into touch.

Yes it does. If it goes forward it's an intentional knock and if goes into touch it should be intentionally batting ball into touch.
No it doesn't matter if another player had it in his hands. That is the point that many seem to be making from World Rugby.

Joel Judge for 1. If the ball is in Ashtons hand and is slapped forward it's deemed a knock on.
Law 11.5
  1. The ball is not knocked-on, and play continues, if:

1. playicon.png
    2. A player knocks the ball forward immediately after an opponent has kicked it (charge down).
      playicon.png
    3. A player rips or knocks the ball from an opponent and the ball goes forward from the opponent's hand or arm.

Latest posts