• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup SF. 1 - ASM Clermont Auvergne v Leinster Rugby

Just back in Toulouse, pretty gutted! First of all I'd like to complement Clermont's fans, theyvare incredible, friendly and epitomise the value of the game, I swapped jerseys with a man far bigger than I after the game which was pretty cool if not functional for either of us!

As for the game, it was frustrating, reminded me a lot of Scotland considering we didn't show up for 35mins and then almost had it, three things in that second half wemt against us; Leavy getting spotted cheating, no complaints but that easily could have gone unnoticed resulting in a try, the terrible call against Isa for "taking the man out in the air" followed by a missed call on him being tackled off the ball and not securing posession off the last restart, 10 points and a last ditch chance to win the game gone right there and no Final for the boys! It'll stand to those guys though, Leavy, Conan and Carbery took 40mins to realise that they could play to this level and poor old Richardt strauss was probably the main contributor to a loss in France against Clermont for the second time in his career. We'll be back next year the only worry being that it will probably be December at best that Sexton, Henshaw, SOB, Furlong and McGarth hit their stride.

By that time Fardy and Lowe will be settled in and we'll be unstoppable!

Latest posts