• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup SF. 2 - Munster Rugby v Saracens

As a neutral no the best game of rugby ever.However Sarries were giving no yard and without trying to be to harsh Munster were clueless time after time BT showed the deficit on gainline.
A few potential lions on show in a big game.
Maco +Starter
Itoje +Starter
Kruis+match day 23
Billy+Starter
George even.midweek
Farrell even matchday23
POM - midweek
Stander- midweek or bench.
those not picked easy to see why I dissapointed Zebo didn't get a shot but today fair to say see why.

As a neutral no the best game of rugby ever.However Sarries were giving no yard and without trying to be to harsh Munster were clueless time after time BT showed the deficit on gainline.
A few potential lions on show in a big game.
Maco +Starter
Itoje +Starter
Kruis+match day 23
Billy+Starter
George even.midweek
Farrell even matchday23
POM - midweek
Stander- midweek or bench.
those not picked easy to see why I dissapointed Zebo didn't get a shot but today fair to say see why.

Rubbish.

Stander starting at 6, POM bench. Easy

Each to their own including your own rubbish what you know about rugby is written on the back of a stamp.
But I accept your opinion even if you can't except mine.

Lol and your from Leicester I live in Welland Valley but as I don't want to be like a Wendy baller fan redirecting support tigs and choose Saints.
Mainly because we have a song and you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Tommi no I don't need to be rude with a reply and respect others opinions rather than having the IQ of a hedgehog robot respect others.

Considering you both support Saints, you need to realised that both your opinions are rubbish by default.

What he said. You two support the third greatest midlands rugby team. Know your place

- - - Updated - - -

Hedgehog robot is the best insult ever used on this forum

Lol and your from Leicester I live in Welland Valley but as I don't want to be like a Wendy baller fan redirecting support tigs and choose Saints.
Mainly because we have a song and you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Tommi no I don't need to be rude with a reply and respect others opinions rather than having the IQ of a hedgehog robot respect others.

Your plain bias was rude toward POM and Stander. 2 obvious candidates to start the Tests.

I'm still ****** that Myler wasn't picked.

Just on for minute. Devastated and well upset.
We started well but lack of experience hurt us. We needes Duncan and Tyler to have 10/10 games and they had opposite. Zebo proved he was up there as a class act. And our pack battled away.
Overall we didn't perform. I do think we are up there with top teams in Europe but today mey a better team and well we didn't show.
On Saracens. They're a good team at peak of their powers. On Owen Farrell some rate and some hate. But today proved why he's a top player. Took all points on offer and mixed it well.

Best of luck to them and best of luck to Leinster. Hope an Irish team does it.

For us we will continue on our journey and today was a learning curve. We met the better team and well that was that. No complaints

2nd quality side Munster have faced in Dublin, second comfortable loss. They're a good team who've had a great season to this point but 8 man rugby only takes you so far, their reaction will be interesting.

Not a lot to fear from Sarries, if we got anywhere near the domination Munster were given 1st half it'd be lights out. I reckon they're praying for Clermont.

Sarries set the standard for attitude and willingness to work hard but Munster were very easily bowled over. Bleyendaal was awful and Williams wasn't much better. Their pack were too easily out fought i felt.

Edit: The never ending chat from the Saracens players plays a big part in the performance. They wage a good psychological war to match the physical. Some of the Munster lads were completely inhibited.

Last edited:
It went as i feared it could go. Munster using one out runners and 3 Saracens waiting for them every time.

Its an impossible task to win a semi final when your 9 and 10 are wearing out the self destruct button. Tyler Bleyendaal in particular was brutal and Ian Keatley would have been much better. We kind of knew what to expect from Williams.

But overall it's been a good cup run for Munster. It's been a big improvement on last season so I'm happy enough. I don't think we'll beat Leinster if we get to the pro 12 final but getting to the final will be another bonus.

2nd quality side Munster have faced in Dublin, second comfortable loss. They're a good team who've had a great season to this point but 8 man rugby only takes you so far, their reaction will be interesting.

Not a lot to fear from Sarries, if we got anywhere near the domination Munster were given 1st half it'd be lights out. I reckon they're praying for Clermont.

Obviously we'd want the biggest chokers in world rugby. I think you guys would do it against us in the final, but we could still easily win. People underestimate Saracens, even though we win all the time. They say we only defend and we have no attack and just score penalties, but we are dangerous when we play. But if we get Clermont in Scotland, I'd be amazed if they beat us.

Obviously we'd want the biggest chokers in world rugby. I think you guys would do it against us in the final, but we could still easily win. People underestimate Saracens, even though we win all the time. They say we only defend and we have no attack and just score penalties, but we are dangerous when we play. But if we get Clermont in Scotland, I'd be amazed if they beat us.

Yeah, I'm not dismissing you guys at all, prior to the game I thought you were unbeatable, but a strong pack performance matched with a few linebreaks will cause a of trouble. You're a team that needs to be beaten though, you don't give any freebies which is a great quality at any levwl.

To be fair I seen ye up close and poor hands cost 3 tries but the skillset and moves was superb.
Billy V is a fine player and big lump of a lad but equally he popped off a few balls when you'd expect him to truck it and it worked superbly. Mark McCall took a long term view all those years ago and it's paying off now.
On just kicking pens. No error there either. Ye have un my eyes 1 of top 2 or 3 goal kickers in world and he keeps score ticking over. You need that.

I think Leinster would give them the most trouble but honestly i can't see Saracens being beaten they just have that ability to do just enough when the time calls for it.

It doesn't look showy but it is done to perfection and is so effective.

Latest posts