Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Screenshot_20210429_104914.jpg

French times in the photo - 15:00 IST

Setting myself up to look like an idiot here but I'm fairly confident. Think we're better than they are, not to mention we've been here before and that's historically counted in this competition. Pity about Sexton but got a lot of faith in Leinster Ross Byrne.

Biggest worry is backup 9/10. Obviously Frawley and JGP might still make it but if they don't we'll need to get 80 out of Ross/Luke. If either of them go down early we're doomed. Still, as long as that doesn't happen the team that played Exeter + Ryan and Ringrose should be able to do it.

Setting myself up to look like an idiot here but I'm fairly confident. Think we're better than they are, not to mention we've been here before and that's historically counted in this competition. Pity about Sexton but got a lot of faith in Leinster Ross Byrne.

Biggest worry is backup 9/10. Obviously Frawley and JGP might still make it but if they don't we'll need to get 80 out of Ross/Luke. If either of them go down early we're doomed. Still, as long as that doesn't happen the team that played Exeter + Ryan and Ringrose should be able to do it.
Exactly my line of thinking. No crowd a big help too, although I'd would kill to be travelling to La Rochelle on a BH weekend.

Leinster have more depth than la Rochelle. They are fresher and rested since their Pro14 ***le.
Toulouse lack depth but for a different reason : injuries. Our back division is decimated. 3 firststarters out in Guitoune and Huget both out for season and Ramos who's started train again this week. We can't lose more backs with our first place and ***le to defend into June. Médard is doubtful. Injury to our HBs and we are screwed. Jalibert can turn the game for Bordeaux but Dupont-Ntamack is a better proposition than Lucu-Jalibert IMO.
Toulouse vs Leinster in the final fingers crossed :p

LA ROCHELLE
15. Brice Dulin, 14. Dillyn Leyds, 13. Geoffrey Doumayrou, 12. Levani Botia, 11. Raymond Rhule, 10. Ihaia West, 9. Tawera Kerr Barlow, 1. Reda Wardi, 2. Pierre Bourgarit, 3. Uini Atonio, 4. Romain Sazy (c), 5. Will Skelton, 6. Grégory Alldritt, 7. Wiaan Liebenberg, 8. Victor Vito.

Replacements:
16. Facundo Bosch, 17. Dany Priso, 18. Arthur Joly, 19. Thomas Lavault, 20. Kevin Gourdon, 21. Arthur Retiere, 22. Jules Plisson, 23. Pierre Aguillon.

The exact weather you expect for a May semifinal in Toulouse.

So judging by this game this is the inferior competition right?
Tbh the all French games have been real let downs. Dread to think what watching the Top 14 must be like each week.

Also, this was suggested by my brother, but teams really shouldn't be able to tactically substitute after a set piece has been called. Oh we got a scrum, quick let's change the personal. Especially when for example the opposition chooses a scrum, knowing they have the edge and then suddenly after that decision the other team changes the players.

Yeah this is pretty dull stuff - thought there might be more fireworks after that early Toulouse try, but it looks like stereotypical knockout rugby with no-one wanting to lose rather than someone wanting to win

That's game. Bordeaux aren't going to score 13 points in 8 mins.

Absolutely dire game of rugby. No ambition from either side for the vast majority of the match. Toulouse were marginally better but for all the hype around them, they were very mediocre. Leinster would have beaten that Bordeaux team by 30.

Funny to read negative comments from no hopers of European rugby. We were dragged into an arm wrestle by Urios (and a few late hits ignored by Wayne) as expected and responded like men and 2 good tries in wet conditions. But we're used to that.

This will be our SEVENTH CCup final. We want Leinster!!

Funny to read negative comments from no hopers of European rugby
Ah yes, I forgot you're only allowed to watch and comment on games that your teams are involved in

and a few late hits ignored by Wayne
Pretty funny considering the worst refereeing decision of the day was the very clear red card that Toulouse got away with

Not at all. But why negative comments for a game where we scored 21 pts in difficult conditions against opposition that clearly wanted to beat us up up front.

Because it was bboorriinngg

If you don't have a horse in the race you want to be entertained, and bar the combined 2mins or so where Toulouse turned it on and scored a couple of quality tries, the rest of the game was dull

I'm not blaming the teams - wet weather + knockout rugby, you don't want to risk playing too much and messing up, but for a Saturday afternoon's entertainment it wasn't the best

Latest posts