• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions League Thread

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Apr 14 2005, 04:16 PM
What's with this Russia thing, there's only 2 at Chelsea, there were more Spanish in the Liverpool team last night than English. Should we call Liverpool Spain now?
They're owned by a Russian!

really never would have guessed
<

I'm sure the Spanish Armada will be too powerful for them though, at least there won't be an away trip to the Russian Front

You can draw paralells to the Chelsea-Arsenal CL game last season. Everyone thought the Gunners were unbeatable and Chelsea hadn't beaten them at all in any games that season. We all know who went through to the next round...

Originally posted by cavan@Apr 15 2005, 10:12 AM
You can draw paralells to the Chelsea-Arsenal CL game last season. Everyone thought the Gunners were unbeatable and Chelsea hadn't beaten them at all in any games that season. We all know who went through to the next round...
Precisely.

Agreed and the return of Gerrard, and a fitter Alonso and Cissé could well see Liverpool through. History could well repeat itself afterall.

Inter Milan have been fined 300000 Swiss Francs and been ordered to play their next 6 European home games behind closed doors with the last 2 suspended for 3 years. Milan have been awared a 3-0 win and a 5-0 aggregate win.

Nothing on Shevchenko yet.

0-0 at the Bridge, not as good a result as Liverpool fans may think, no away goal for starters and now Alonso, whose passing they certainly could have done with next Tuesday will miss out, whether Hamann will be fit is another concern. Alonso's booking was a joke, certainly would have made a difference if he was able to reproduce his performance against Spurs, don't think I've ever seen a better passing display.

Don't know whether Duff or Robben or both will start either, that'd definitely make it a different game. I just have a feeling that Liverpool will sneak it next week.

Good result I reckon for Chelsea tonight. I can see Liverpool getting an early goal on Tuesday, then for CFC to equalise in the second half, and to keep them out. Being away without having conceded an away goal is a big plus from the current situation of the tie. Duff and Robben will make a difference...

-------------------Gudjohnsen---------------------
--Duff----------------Cole----------------Robben-
---------------Lampard--Makelele-----------------
-Gallas----Carvalho-------Terry--------Johnson-
------------------------Cech------------------------

Much better.

Big game tonigh. D11D and A16R are doubts, but at least one should play. I can see CFC scoring early, then Liverpool equalising in the second half, and CFC holding out until the end, and going through on away goals.

Caaaaaaarrrrrreffffffffrrreeee

Originally posted by woodie@May 3 2005, 06:20 AM
Big game tonigh. D11D and A16R are doubts, but at least one should play. I can see LFC scoring early, then CFC equalising in the second half, and CFC holding out until the end, and going through on away goals.

Caaaaaaarrrrrreffffffffrrreeee
So far so good...

bit nervy, need Robben out on the left in the second period, and Drogba should be shot, if he isn't already injured, and I was the physio, I'd wrench his leg so it bloody was injured.

I know they're having all the play but they're not creating any chances and I can see Liverpool hanging on.

liverpool will definitely go all the way now, it is their fate for them to win it, as they have been underdogs all the way, especially against Juventus and Chelsea, and they will be against Milan as well, but they will win

Cruel blow for PSV conceding that late, cracking finish from Cocu but it's Milan v Liverpool in Istanbul in 3 weeks. Can't wait.

Terrible finish for PSV.

But I reckon AC will bring out the best in Liverpool, and hopefully theyll knock the bloody Italians out.

Just read on teletext that even if Liverpool win the final it looks like they'll have to finish 4th to get back into the champions league.

Seems a pretty daft decision to me, if Everton finish 4th and Liverpool win the Champions league then Liverpool should be given the chance to defend their trophy. It would also give England 3 automatic champions league spots, whereas Everton would have to play the qualifier with Man Utd/Arsenal. I know it's harsh on Everton but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

The same thing happened in Spain when Real won the trophy and came 5th but Zaragoza went into the UEFA Cup and Real into the Champions League.

Latest posts